My energy trades

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by TraDaToR, Jun 15, 2018.

1. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Went long your spread @ -4185.8( Seasonalgo quote ), but on BZ and HO, which is pretty much the same.

By the way, I think OPEC production increase should be bearish for Brent curve.

#11     Jun 20, 2018
  2. Alex165

Alex165

Yes, if they will increase. I just try not speculate increase/decrease (or build/drawdown or whatever) as it never worked out for me in the past just caused a lot of trouble.

#12     Jun 20, 2018
    TraDaToR likes this.
  3. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

They still have to convince Iran. They seem resolute against production increase.

#13     Jun 20, 2018
  4. Adam777

Adam777

I've been researching at seasonal energy spreads for a short while. With seasonal trades is it best to place your stop above the highest price for the last 10 years for this spread? I've attached a chart of your trade:

ag.jpg

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    #14     Jun 21, 2018
  5. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

I don't place stops ( except for spreads subject to squeezes. Ex: Robusta Coffee ), but yes you should place your mental stop at a price highly unusual. You want to be really wrong when you are stopped. Adjust your profit target accordingly, it should be at a "normal" value...

#15     Jun 21, 2018
  6. What's up with CLU8V8X8 fly?

#16     Jun 21, 2018
  7. Adam777

Adam777

Getting close to rollover. Everything close to the front of the curve is volatile, otherwise this spread never moves.

#17     Jun 22, 2018
  8. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

#18     Jun 28, 2018
  9. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Out @ 0.170 after the bullish storage report.:)

#19     Jul 20, 2018
  10. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

There is a nice seasonal window to be long HO V/X right now, but it is already rich. With OPEC increasing production and nuisances like Lybia getting worked out, I find it hard to be long the crude curve, but on the other side, refined products have a life of their own, and I have seen Singapore Gasoil has just gone backwardated :https://www.spglobal.com/platts/en/...expectations-of-improving-market-fundamentals

Thoughts?

#20     Jul 24, 2018