My energy trades

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by TraDaToR, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Out NG F/G short at 1.38 from 1.66 average
    I was the low tick from overnight...lucky

#91     Dec 5, 2018
    TraDaToR likes this.
  2. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Went long a RB H/J/K butterfly @ -0.1821.

- H/J jump to summer spec is large historically, but J/K seems normal.
    - Seasonals

#92     Dec 6, 2018
  3. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Out @ -0.1662. Good trade.

#93     Dec 28, 2018
    ffs1001 likes this.
  4. ffs1001

ffs1001

The seasonals show that the same butterfly spread can be sold now with a view to closing around the mid-Feb.

#94     Jan 1, 2019
    TraDaToR likes this.
  5. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

In pure seasonals yes, but the shape of the curve on the front months as well as the historical level doesn't look appealing.

#95     Jan 1, 2019
  6. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Out @ -0.4349. Bad trade. The unusual discount continues...

#96     Jan 18, 2019
  7. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Now, the RB/HO spread is reverting but it can be temporary. I think that IMO 2020 makes any RB/HO historical analysis worthless from now on. We are kind of entering a new era.

#97     Mar 14, 2019
  8. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

https://www.spglobal.com/platts/en/...ns-waivers-to-china-india-korea-turkey-survey

I still don't understand one thing : Why would India, China, Russia ...comply with the US sanctions on Iran or even Venezuela? Who gave Trump the authority to say " you can't import oil from Iran or Venezuela" ? It's not NATO or the UN, it's just the US( which unilaterally withdrew from a pact with Iran )...Who decided that oil from Venezuela must be paid in USD? Whatever...I know most of you are US people, but please answer objectively.

#98     Apr 1, 2019
  9. Visaria

Visaria

The US punishes countries that refuse to comply via sanctions. It did that with India i think...India imported Iranian oil maybe last year and the US slapped them with some sanctions.

#99     Apr 1, 2019
  10. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

So the whole world is afraid of the US unilateral economic sanctions? I just find it odd...

#100     Apr 1, 2019