My E-trade horror story

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by indahook, Mar 29, 2007.

1. lindq

lindq

Yes, I'm another. I was very happy with Brown. Got the e-trade notice and went to IB.

E-Trade's problem is that they are trying to be full service for all financial activites, and do none of them well.

#11     Mar 29, 2007
  2. I would send a certified letter to their compliance department outlining your story and demanding that an attorney call you immediately, failing which you will contact the SEC and/or notice them for binding arbitration. State that if they report this erroneous "debit" to credit reporting bureaus you will sue them for libel.

#12     Mar 29, 2007
  3. Corelio

Corelio

Get your attorney. Let him handle it.

As soon as there is an attorney involved you should hear back from them in short notice.

#13     Mar 29, 2007
  4. I am real close to this phase of the debacle.

Thanks

#14     Mar 29, 2007
  5. neke

neke

This is a sad story on indiscriminate outsourcing. Etrade seems to place profitability above trust and protecting the assets of their clients. The clients account information is obviously accessible to Indian hackers over there, and they must have raided your account.

I hope this serves to warn others to be careful in choosing/monitoring their brokers: we are talking money here.

#15     Mar 29, 2007
  6. stylark3

stylark3

You need to go to one of their financial centers pronto!

What state are you in?

#16     Mar 29, 2007
  7. First of all I am sorry for what you have had to go through.

However, I just had to say that this paragraph is some of the funniest shit I have read on Elite in a long time. It's not often I laugh so hard I am afraid I might crack a rib. :D

#17     Mar 29, 2007
  8. #18     Mar 29, 2007
  9. Wow. Thanks much for sharing your issue. Talking to India is not for me. I was planning on signing up this weekend for an account there to test them out for a month on their free trading offer. No way I'm doing that now.

Good luck on getting a fast resolution to their problem that unfortunately you have to correct.

This message board is extremely useful & informative.

#19     Mar 29, 2007
  10. Thanks for the heads up man. Ive been preparing to open an account wiht them for a while.

What doenst make sense is, when you call and discuss an account opening with them, they seem to be here in Canada, but when you have a customer service issue, they outsource to India.

Is my understanding correct?

#20     Mar 30, 2007