My dog Shreddy got run over by a car and I can't sleep

Discussion in 'Politics' started by nitro, Nov 1, 2002.

1. nitro

nitro

Sorry,

I just needed to talk to someone...I am beside myself with grief. I don't know if he is gonna make it.

The worst part of it is that it is our fault.

nitro

2. oh i am so sory. but why did you let him out into harm,s way???:(

3. nitro

nitro

We were doing the Halloween stuff with our five year old daughter. Someone came to the door to get some candy and he flew past us.

We weren't careful enough...

4. nitro

nitro

Well,

If there is a dog God, and he lets my Shreddy live, I promise to play with him every weekend, walk him a mile or more everyday, and give him lots of treats.

We already love him alot...

nitro

5. trdrmac

trdrmac

Nitro,

Sorry to hear about the accident.

Not much I can say other than that.

Perhaps a trip to the local shelter to give an abandoned dog a home would provide some comfort. We always had strays growing up, and they always seemed grateful.

Mac

6. nitro

nitro

Thanks trdrmac for the kind words.

Yes, that would be a good thing to do...

nitro

7. I've had this one dog. Wow he was awesome. He was a german sheppard and chow chow mix. He was ferocious, but tender to me. When he was 1, he beat up two full grown german sheppards in one day. He totally loved me too. Someone offered my dad big bucks to have my dog. My dad said no, but someone ended up taking him anyways. :(

It sucked losing him. I was sad of losing such a great companion. But now when I think of Chester, I think of all the good memories we had, rather than the feeling of grief I experienced. A person would be lucky if they even had a dog like that in their lifetime, and I'm grateful that I even had one.

Andy

8. I hope things work out in the best way possible given the circumstances.

9. nitro,

i wish you well, friend. i have a golden retriever named "morgan stanley"--dont' ask ! lol. he escapes from the invisible fence every once in a while. has come real close to getting creamed several times. i wish shredder all the best.

take care,

surf:)

10. vvv

vvv

nitro, really sorry to hear about shreddy, sincerely hope he makes it, but whatever happens don't blame yourself, sometimes bad things just occur.

i also like the shelter idea.

warm regards,

#10     Nov 1, 2002