My "Disciplined Daytrader" story

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by NY_HOOD, May 18, 2011.

1. No one will actually admit it-- however it happens all the time.

Admitting it will result in one being hated and vilified in this culture. No one likes someone who success came easy.

#51     May 20, 2011
  2. Not to mention having the capital to last for those 10k hours. I would venture 98% still fail even after lasting the 10k hours

The question is, is it a wise use if time iris trading a better, smarter part time biz or hobby? It's your life and only the individual can answer.

#52     May 20, 2011
  3. By way of personal experience, I know 2 successful hedge fund managers who, after failing to raise any $, decided to call up steve cohen and ask him for capital. He funded both with 30 million each within the week. Thereyou go 0 to 30 million for the price of a phone call-- instant success, no talent or 10k hours for iffy results required. All these guys needed to do now was slightly beat the market and they are set.

The working hard for success is an American myth.

#53     May 20, 2011
  4. ElCubano

ElCubano

and my point is that hard work may not the number one factor....you can put all the hard work you want, if you dont have the talent you are spinning your wheels...Just becuase you go to the batting cage 40hours more a week than billy doesnt gaurantee shit. it may actually be an opportunity loss for you...maybe hockey would have been your thing...My point to the OP.

some are just better at what they do with 1/2 the effort which is required...sorry thats life...and not to mention there are countless other factors that have not on iota to do with hard work. Like outside factors...not from within

and yes I agree with you that hard work is essential...I agreed with you in my original post.

#54     May 20, 2011
  5. Disagree. While everything we do has and element of risk, gambling is a particular type of risk taking.

#55     May 20, 2011
  6. ElCubano

ElCubano

Lebron James could have put in 1 millions hours a year and not gotten to where he is at without talent.

#56     May 20, 2011