my day trading journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by cashmoney69, Aug 29, 2007.

1. nkhoi

nkhoi

you shorted?

#61     Oct 5, 2007
  2. no, was long 100 and bought a put

#62     Oct 5, 2007
  3. 3 trades ( 2 winners / 1 losers)

commission: 18

todays P/L 171.50

#63     Oct 17, 2007
  4. Hey Cash,

Great Journal and I hope you keep it up.

With all due respect I think its time to look for a new broker. I can see by your posts you looked at IB and I would suggest you look again. The difference would be HUNDREDS of dollars at this point (just from your posts).

If you dont like the IB platform perhaps Tradestation would be a better one to look at. $1 per hundred shares and their platform works well.

For a daytrader even 1 cent per share is a lot so you can imagine what your paying compared to what you SHOULD be paying. This doesnt even count the difference in margin rates (which matters more than most think)

Bottom line is this. If your going to be a trader get the tools to trade, if your only investing then $8 doesnt matter.

All the best

Bob

#64     Oct 18, 2007
  5. It's 3.00 a side if I do under 450 size. I dont mind the 6.00 round

trip cost, if I can make at least 25.00 - 50.00 per trade. However

I have more losing days at the moment so the commission is

irrelevant anyway.

#65     Oct 18, 2007
  6. At the very least you would be losing LESS at the end of the month and in terms of over a hundred dollars. I would guess that if you did the math that your spending over a thousand dollars more per year than with TS or IB.

your talking about a reduction of costs of 70%

Best of luck

#66     Oct 18, 2007
  7. closed out my account due to complications with my broker and local SEC regulations.

in the 4 months i've been trading, lost 1500. Will be re-opening with scottrade, but this time, with the elite platform or might go prop.

cm

#67     Nov 9, 2007
  8. Scottrade has a nice platform but if you use trailing stops you can't put a stop in within .15 of current bid / ask.
    Good luck

#68     Nov 9, 2007