My dangerous Visa "V" play

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by bearnbull, Apr 25, 2008.

1. What the @#$%#@ that was a real nice surprise.... up almost 7% today. I'm happy and sad at the same time. Happy because I made a good chunk on this position--Sad because it seems like a freaking guessing game. My calls are all over the place. At this time I'll take anything money is money. Whether I got it thru luck or skill.:D :D

#21     Apr 29, 2008
  2. I always win

went long at 60

werd

#22     Apr 29, 2008
  3. Thank you MA...thank you for saving VISA and for saving me!!

#23     Apr 29, 2008
  4. V-Viper

V-Viper

Interesting V and MA both look very promising in the next 12 - 18 months (long both). Overseas growth looks amazing, fundamentals look good.

#24     Apr 29, 2008
  5. werd, g fresh.

#25     Apr 29, 2008
  6. jdm711

jdm711

Congrats to V holders!

#26     Apr 29, 2008
  7. I am still holding my VISA calls, but may sell this week. The guys on this thread definately called this one right.

Thanks.

#27     May 6, 2008
  8. I'm not sure yet, but I think I'm going to hold this position longer than planned. The trend is just way too sharp to take profits yet.
    Did you catch my call on FINANCIALS for May 1/08?

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=126128

#28     May 6, 2008
  9. I think that VISA may go to 100 or higher, but I need to switch out to the June calls. I bought the Visa May 80 calls (VEPs) at 2.30 and they are now trading around 8 or so. Now might be a good time to take some quick profits, then buy some Visa June 100 calls.

I saw your thread on the financials, I tend to stay away from stocks like Citibank, since my timing tends to be off on them, but congrats to you.

Where do you see Visa going over the next month or so?

#29     May 6, 2008
  10. Hmmm. A month is like eternity for me. Anything is really possible. My logical call on Visa a month from now would be 105's and it will go sideways even down a little for a bit. It's a very solid company overall....Hey just look at Mastercard less than 2 years ago and look where they are now. I think they went public at around mid 40's.:)

#30     May 6, 2008