My dads JPM Chase mutual Fund

Discussion in 'Trading' started by nitro, Sep 3, 2009.

1. nitro

nitro

As of the close of today, moved all assets into the conservative fund

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=OCGCX+&=

Since this fund holds about 40% of OBOCX, it is still quite exposed to bonds and IRs, but the point is the portfolio is more balanced now.

No TLT or BIV hedges on.

#31     Dec 14, 2009
  2. nitro

nitro

Is the spread odds on to converge?

http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=...=on;ohlcvalues=0;logscale=on;source=undefined

Strange, if you go to yahoo, and paste that link on the URL bar, it works. If you just click on it, it won't work. It is comparing TLT vs OBOCX

#32     Apr 10, 2010
  3. nitro

nitro

Dad is up 10% in about 8 months. Risk has been almost negligible, but we did a good thing moving him into equities when we did.

Now we ran for cover when SPX broke 1172, and are about 60:40 in the bond fund vs stocks fund. I don't particularly like bonds either, but he wants to keep his holdings to simple highly liquid instruments for now.

#33     May 6, 2010
  4. nitro

nitro

We have held strong in our conviction that equities is the wrong place to be, but I am on the verge of recommending that he reweight his portfolio again, exiting a large portion of his bond holding for a nice profit. Boy was I wrong about bonds in the post above, but this bond rally is getting a bit long in the tooth. We heavily overweighted bonds on an SPX close below 1172.

The question is where to put it. Equities could easily tumble further from here, there is no NFV edge. The only reasonable place to park stuff is in high dividend sin stocks, imo. I need to see if JPM has this as one of their offerings...

#34     Aug 21, 2010
  5. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

You are incredibly niave and uninformed. Nobody makes 20% a year in conservative investments. You obviously don't understand the nature of risk and reward, or how free markets work.

#35     Aug 21, 2010
  6. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

There is no way in hell that Nitro is a decent trader. Its some kid with an internet habit and very little knowledge about markets.

#36     Aug 21, 2010
  7. Aaron

Aaron

There are about six people at ET worth reading and Nitro is one of them. Go back under your bridge you troll.

#37     Aug 21, 2010
  8. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

Show me anything useful Nitro has contributed because the latest stuff is absolute garbage.

#38     Aug 21, 2010
  9. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

I'm beginning to think this forum is a joke there is so much bad information and advice. When I see someone saying "Nitro" is one of only 6 people worth following on here I have to resist throwing up.

At what point does common sense take over and more intelligent ideas move to the forefront here ?

e.g. Anybody saying you can make 20% a year on conservative investments is a nut end of story.

#39     Aug 21, 2010
  10. I haven't read the whole thread. Not sure if I will. But I tend to agree with the above statement. Very unlike a conservative investment gets 20%/year. May be one year if one gets lucky, for whatever reason. Not likely an average.

#40     Aug 21, 2010