My dad poisoned me with 60's music

Discussion in 'Politics' started by aphexcoil, Sep 8, 2002.

1. Don,

What about Tu-pac? Little Kim? Do you like a Tribe called Quest? How about some Dr. Dre?

I know you secretly listen to Gangster Rap in your Cadillac.

aphie

#11     Sep 9, 2002
  2. rs7

rs7

If you are older than 24, it's time to get a more recent picture of yourself. I thought for sure you were a mature looking 23:)

Stones....It's only Rock 'n Chair! (But I like it).

I would go, but I would hate to think I saw a group perform in 5 different decades.

#12     Sep 9, 2002
  3. the rolling stones are my father's favorite band. i know everyone needed to know. ;)

some bands i like are:

30 seconds to mars
    40 below summer
    adema
    alice in chains
    cold
    creed
    cypress hill
    deftones
    disturbed
    filter
    incubus
    korn
    limp bizkit
    linkin park
    mudvayne
    nin
    no doubt
    pink
    pod
    puddle of mudd
    red hot chili peppers
    sevendust
    staind
    static-x
    stone temple pilots
    system of a down
    tool
    u2

these are just a few, i could go on and on. although this type of music is my favorite, i will like ANYTHING. i can even admit to liking some nsync/britney spears songs. hehe some dance/techno songs are ok too... i'm not a huge rap fan, but i will like some stuff..like nelly, for example. i could go on and on.. country seems to be one of my least liked types. i have nothing against older music either.

#13     Sep 9, 2002
  4. i KNEW it...i was just talking to my friend about what GG's dad likes..

#14     Sep 9, 2002
  5. We were on the Strip the night Tupac got killed....I tend to stay away from such things....My rap enjoyment goes about as far as Fresh Prince, but everybody loves Eminem....

Don

#15     Sep 9, 2002
  6. I personally enjoy a variety of music. Not into country, but some are o.k.

I tend to listen to rock more often, but as far as rap... how come no one mentioned Too Short or Eazy-E? Dr Dre was ok, but remember whenever he sold an album, Eazy-E got paid first and more than Dr Dre.

I remember when I was a teen, I'd be lit cruising down the strip with my 1,000 watt amp bumpin. :cool:

I just noticed that no one mentioned classical music. My personal favorite is Beethoven, then Mozart, and Bach. The others are just too bland. As far as Classic rock, I like Lez Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, and Def Lepard.

Cheers,
    andy

#16     Sep 9, 2002
  7. Pink Floyd is an all-time classic rock favorite for me. It doesn't get any better than Pink Floyd, in my opinion -- especially if you are stoned.

aphie

#17     Sep 9, 2002
  8. Hmm, Earth Wnd & Fire, The Commodores, Parliment, The Surgar Hill Gang, Al Green, The Spinners, The O'Jays, The Dells, Patti LaBelle, Gladys Knight (with and without the pips), Smokey Robinson, Little Anthony, Blue Magic, Billy Preston, The Bee Gees, Elton John, The Who, Def Leopard, Johnny Cash, (some) Dolly Parton, C. W.McCall, George Strait, Jerry Reid, Oak Ridge Boys, Sam Cooke, Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, Yanni, George Benson, Quincy Jones, The Dramatics, The Independents, The Flamingos, The Chilites, The Stylistics, James Brown, Lou Rawls, (The Wicked) Wilson Pickett, ZZ Top, Aaron Neville, Anita Baker, Aretha Franklin, Ray Charles, Average White Band, Bill Withers...that's it, I gotta' go listen to some music --- NOW!!! :)

#18     Sep 9, 2002
  9. I love that 2-Pack Shaker guy!

#19     Sep 9, 2002
  10. When I get my benz, I'm gonna play Tupac's "All Eyes on Me," I think it's disc 2, song 7. The song starts out with, "Picture me rolling in my 500 Benz...":cool:

#20     Sep 9, 2002