my current setup

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by dojistarz, May 16, 2005.

1. dojistarz

dojistarz Guest

tick

Regular - 0.10=$10.00(from CME site)

where did you get that 0.05?

stop loss @ 0.80 is $80

#41     May 17, 2005
  2. dojistarz

dojistarz Guest

et pour mes amis d'expression francaise...

jai demande des commentaires sur un setup que je croyais simple
    mais en tres peu de temps, l'animosite est apparu entre les participants. DOMMAGE!

Je ne sais pas a quel point les intervenants sont experimentes ou non ici mais so far, je trouve les commentaires assez ordinaires.

Bonne journee et bon trading

A+

#42     May 17, 2005
  3. Was looking at the CBOE emini Russell 2000. Didn't know CME had one. Still, 8 ticks is a huge stop.

#43     May 17, 2005
  4. Starz. I have thought upon it further overnight and have concluded that your system is untestable because it has too many rules. So I recommend that you trade it live, but with one contract only, and a tighter stop. If you MUST have that wide stop, scale in just after it fails to be hit, essentially pyramiding in on floor rotations which typically shake out less experienced traders than yourself. And as to your experience on this thread, remember your aphorisms: "Ne reveille pas un chat qui dort." The full light of day draws better postings. Mike.

#44     May 17, 2005
  5. doji,
    If you continue to papertrade, move your commission down to $5 and account for 2 ticks of slippage. You should be seeing $25 of costs before ever reaching a profit. ER2 can move quickly and get wide for a minute or 2, so I would not assume limit orders will get filled or that there is no slippage.

Good luck.

#45     May 17, 2005
  6. for how many weeks did you paper trade?

#46     May 17, 2005
  7. When I see something like that I think...he's guessing.

m

#47     May 17, 2005
  8. JG. Why does he need two ticks of slippage? Theoretically if he's trading off of the last price it should only be one tick. Or off of the B/A, no ticks. For NQ I rarely experience any slippage from the B/A when I punched T.

#48     May 17, 2005
  9. Knife. For something this complex, there's got to be a lot of guesswork. Mike.

#49     May 17, 2005
  10. yeayo

yeayo

my goodness, all of your alter egos showed up on this thread

#50     May 17, 2005