my current setup

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by dojistarz, May 16, 2005.

1. nkhoi

nkhoi

uh! complete with a hint of foreign accent I love it, feel like after day after judgment day, so many alias walking about.

#31     May 16, 2005
  2. Hello, dojistarz, I am an NQ trader, as you might surmise from my name. I have been intrigued by all the recent posting on the the RUT future, but I don't understand why it is becoming so popular. Did you make an ROI analysis of ER2, ES, and NQ before you made your choice? Also, you didn't say what paper trading platform you are using or how realistic the fills are. In fact, I don't recall that you said whether you were using limit or market orders. In your paper trading, are you accounting for slippage? Thanks for your help. NQNQ out.

#32     May 16, 2005
  3. I remain amazed; even awestruck. In just under 90 minutes, we have witnessed the largest gathering of sock puppets to assemble since the early days of USENET. Still, one wonders just how many nyms plan to answer the quorum call.

- Spydertrader

#33     May 16, 2005
  4. nkhoi

nkhoi

psss.. you guys should be honored by Spydertrader present he rarely posted out side his thread, psss... I heard he was raised by Mary Poppin and schooled by Miss Manner. :D

#34     May 16, 2005
  5. Uh, guys, isn't a 0.8 stop breathtaking for a tick of 0.05?

#35     May 16, 2005
  6. John47

John47

hey original poster,

I take it this is your first time trading (if not, please excuse). I would be careful w/ backtesting to make sure your not 'cutting yourself any breaks' that could ruin your day when you go live...it seems like a rather challenging system for a nwb, if you are a nwb.

Good luck

#36     May 16, 2005
  7. Doji. Well, that was interesting. ET is a very strange place. Lots of weirdos, especially late at night. But I am confused about something. You were very clear about your entry rule, but not about your exit rule. Is it the inverse of the entry? If not I don't see how you avoid getting jinked out of a good position by only one of the timeframes conflicting with the other two. Mike.

#37     May 16, 2005
  8. Salut. Ça va mon pot?

#38     May 17, 2005
  9. man

man

now this was truly one of the more funny posts recently ...

#39     May 17, 2005
  10. Cher M. Pas d'Abdurdites: Oui, merci, ca va bien. Et toi? Je m'excuse, mais je ne peut pas m'arreter. L'opportunite etait trop seche. Je reste ton ami, Francois.

#40     May 17, 2005