My coach only trades on SIM

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by TheBestGuruEver, Sep 11, 2009.

1. I'm still a little fuzzy on the "quality of education" concept, so let me say it this way.... In general, when one who holds himself out as having market knowledge to sell in one form or another.... "has done well enough, long enough, and with enough money" to be considered significant by others, only then will he be taken seriously.

And so while Trader A, to whom $10K is "a lot of money" and Trader B with $1MM at risk produce the same return and might be considered equal.... Trader A won't be taken seriously for obvious reasons.

And it could be that Trader A is sharp as a tack but just early in his career... could be several other things, too. Trader B with $1MM, however, is perceived as having done better, for longer, and under more money pressure... and is therefore likely more reliable for having survived to achieve $1MM.

Whether or not $10K is "a lot of money" to someone, the perception is that the possible loss on a large portion of $1MM carries a much greater consequence to somebody... and is therefore considered differently than the possible loss of $10K.

And for these same reasons, putting up only $15K in a contest wouldn't carry much weight, regardless of the return. (Someone to whom $15K could be pissed away without consequence could take fliers on options and whatnot... get mostly lucky and have a high return for a year.)

#31     Sep 12, 2009
  2. agreed. could be TraderB had discretionary funds from an outside source which meant little or nothing whilst TraderA subsists to pay his bills from trading income and has less to work with on a lark

one of the many logical misconceptions harped upon by other failured trader trolls here which unwitting readers accept as fact. you have been here long enough and you are successful enough in this professional endeavor to know all that inwardly, unfortunate that most others dont

#32     Sep 12, 2009
  3. Aspiring MMs on ET often ask, "how much return do I have to make to be able to raise OPM to manage"? Can't really know that for sure, but it's still true that when you've done well enough for long enough and with big enough money... THAT'S when you've done enough.

So... back to the concept of "coach trades SIM"? That's riduculous. Why would anyone pay another for information, advice, trades, etc., who has not PROVEN he knows "come here" from "sick 'em"?

#33     Sep 12, 2009
  4. it is noted (with the greatest irony) that you have made all of your pompous comments this morning using (yet another) multi-alias ProfLogic. :eek:

with Steve46 gone and jack hershey MIA (hopefully), you are, perhaps the biggest GURU wannabe, multi-alias using TROLL currently swimming through the waters of ET. :D

Oh, and BTW, you are currently in violation of the TOS. :p

Bye Troll :cool:

#34     Sep 12, 2009
  5. wrong again

#35     Sep 12, 2009
  6. back to the assumption of sim, is what you probably meant. the only sim-guru which fits that descript was franz shoar several years ago. his performance trading large account size was impressive enough to charade in numerous ET members which coughed up $5000+ or much more in the process

the op troll here has a distinct agenda. he opens thread after thread with the same worthless vitriol. blind, vague accusations and pompous, self righteous cackling. instead of bravely calling spades a spade to benefit all, he/she cowardly alludes to the general existence of spades while dancing around specifics

humorous part is, most of the characteristics he assigns to gurus are directly proportional to what successful traders do

pure comedy

#36     Sep 12, 2009
  7. Traded LARGE SIMULATED account... ??

And ETers paid $5K on that?

How did it work out for them?

#37     Sep 12, 2009
  8. they didn't know it was simulated, until after the fact. would you assume someone who knows for a fact 5 or 7 gurus trading sim to fleece newbies would expose that fact to his/her hapless followers here? does that seems like a logical step following numerous alluded references that others still exist?

#38     Sep 12, 2009
  9. bullshit weasel words spoken by an epic GURU.

"really think" I know? hide behind that floral lace skirt as an excuse not to name names

you either know for sure or you don't know shit. no inbetween. if you know, name names and defend your trolling accusations. if you don't know shit, keep posting with your floral print skirt hiked up

#39     Sep 13, 2009
  10. You know James, while this "other" poster has been posting on here for the last few days I've been helping a friend with a tree auction. Verifiable with a massive sunburn and many pictures of our nature fun fest. Some of us real people actually spend time outdoors with other live human beings and we actually interact on a social level.

Everyone that busts your balls on this site isn't me you pompous ignorant self-absorbed half wit.

#40     Sep 13, 2009