My coach only trades on SIM

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by TheBestGuruEver, Sep 11, 2009.

1. There are many tricks besides outright fabrication to make someone look more capable than he really is.

If one is considering paying for a supposed guru's expertise, buyer should INSIST on proven results... and with large enough money to be significant.

There used to be a year-long nationwide contest open to all comers... called MMVR... took $1,000,000 to enter, results audited by a 3rd party and reported in Barrons + IBD.

#21     Sep 12, 2009
  2. Well sir, you have me at a disadvantage, becase you're using a multiple-alias (LOL - smiley face :D ), and don't just randomly support Spooz Tool, because he got his feelings hurt.

I actually like the guy (speaking of liking people) ... he's the one who shot the first volley over on Marketsurfer's thread. Looks like he takes himself way too seriously on this website, sounds like he needs to get a life. :p

Try to do something nice today fellas. :)

Bye

#22     Sep 12, 2009
  3. james, you are equal parts quality poster and pernicious troll here. if it were my site, I'd delete all of your prior posts from all aliases and ask you to start anew, under your God-given name as a user. then your quality posts would likely increase noticeably

fair dinkum?

#23     Sep 12, 2009
  4. OK fine bill.

that's the nature of the business.

people can't get along in any arena of life. the trading arena is ultra-competitive, so it makes sense that there is going to be even less collaboration there.

this from a guy who is using a multiple alias.

talk about the pot and the kettle.

p.s. note there was not one smiley face in his post, and I'm running late ...

#24     Sep 12, 2009
  5. you noticed, huh bill?
    i would absolutely agree to it .. provided the owner required the same thing of everyone else.

have a nice day

#25     Sep 12, 2009
  6. similar competitions still exist today. brady preston posted proof of that in a larry williams thread amidst layers of boorish trash from et-trolls if you wish to slog through and find it

curiously, how does quality of education on trading differ between two traders, one earns 5% average per month of $10,000 start whilst the other earns 4% average per month of $1mm start?

#26     Sep 12, 2009
  7. Lethn

Lethn

Folks, in case you were still curious as to how I could tell facts from the bull. This is why I wait patiently for people to slip up when they are spreading their bull instead of immediately believing them :D

So many times I've talked and listened to people on a certain subject and so many times when they've been so convinced they're right they've only had one measly source to back it up or barely any evidence altogether.

#27     Sep 12, 2009
  8. "quality of education".... ??? Not sure what you're asking.

#28     Sep 12, 2009
  9. If you mean a contest where one puts up $10,000 and runs for 3 months, that's not similar at all.

#29     Sep 12, 2009
  10. no, I mean a contest that runs for one year with $15,000 minimum to infinity startup as chosen by contestants style and choice

if one person starts with 10,000 and ends with 16,000 whilst another starts with 1mm and ends with 1.6mm in the same time, which might offer a more quality teaching experience in your opinion?

you stated earlier that size of account managed had effect on quality of education product. wondering why that is, mathematically speaking

#30     Sep 12, 2009