My Brothers In Arms

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RCG Trader, Dec 31, 2011.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

:D :D

1)I could always Google it you know. Of course if I'm not familiar, it probably wasn't a war zone to begin with
    2) This isn't a debate
    3) It's a simple straightforward question

A question, that has become painfully obvious, you don't want to answer.
    (We've seen this behavior from you before)

So I ask myself, why? Why would he not provide a simple answer to a simple politely asked question? I can only think of a few plausible explanations.

1)RCG is a very private individual and for whatever reason doesn't want to discuss his combat experiences.

Certainly possible, but seems highly unlikely. Especially considering his near constant "in your face" demeanor with his military service. Which he is all to quick to remind us of repeatedly.

2) RCG was part of covert "black ops" and is sworn to secrecy.

Again possible, but highly unlikely. He gladly posted his MOS. He was an Army nurse. Do nurses usually participate in secret covert operations?

3)RCG was never deployed into a combat zone and possibly never even left the sates.

Given RCG's history of embellishment and even lying this is obviously far and away the most likely reason.

The next question I ask myself is RCG's numerous inferences to his "ass being on the line" more of his now famous misplaced drama queen embellishment?
    Or was it an intentional lie meant to deceive the regulars of this forum into thinking he was in harms way?

Lacking any clarification from RCG I guess the readers will have to decide for themselves.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before any veterans start loading their magazines thinking I'm dissing one of their own, I've already commended RCG on his service to country. Commendation he still and always will deserve even if his ass was never "on the line" as he would have had us believe.

#51     Jan 6, 2012
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

No he certainly doesn't "have to", but why wouldn't he? He's the one who keeps throwing his military service in everyone's face.
    I wholeheartedly agree and to my knowledge never said otherwise.
    I see where you're coming from. I really do. I'm just not sure I totally agree. And in this case it appears to me RCG was implying he was in a lot more danger, than just facing the possibility of being sent to war.

#52     Jan 6, 2012
  3. I'm not sure what he's implied but let me give you an analogy that's not perfect but I hope better makes the point. When you volunteer to serve you in effect volunteer to play Russian roulette for the benefit of your country in a "game" where the number of bullets is constantly changing. Sometimes the cylinder has NO empty chambers but it's always subject to change, it's always the luck of the draw, and you never know how loaded the gun will be tomorrow. Besides, aren't there plenty of legitimate things to ridicule him about? :p

#53     Jan 6, 2012
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

There sure are.

I guess I just don't like being intentional mislead, let alone outright lied to.

Maybe I shouldn't but I take exception to an admitted Army nurse giving us the impression he was in harms way when apparently he wasn't. While my son, nephew and brother-in-law are or have really been in harms way. From where I sit his claims seem to belittle them. A stateside nurse isn't in much danger. Unless pricking their finger with a needle or spilling a bed pan on their shoes is what you'd consider having your "ass on the line".

#54     Jan 6, 2012
  5. You guys can argue about anything. LOL! Thumbs up to those that were in the shit, REMF's, Stateside or otherwise. If you suited up, congrats from this old Jar Head. Semper Fi

#55     Jan 6, 2012
  6. Ricter

Ricter

No we can't.

#56     Jan 6, 2012
  7. :D :D

c

#57     Jan 6, 2012
  8. I'd make a distinction between those terms and say anyone who's volunteered to serve, even in the Reserves, has put their "ass on the line" simply by volunteering (just ask anyone who's been mobilized). OTOH "being in harms way" is more a matter of place and time. Start at page 10-6 and you'll see it's a long list. http://comptroller.defense.gov/fmr/07a/07a_10.pdf

Don't know much about medical MOSs but do know that able bodied males can go from bedpans to the battlefield in a heartbeat and every medic I've known has been awesome.

Anyway... I wish your son, nephew and brother-in-law the best and understand what having family deployed in harm's way feels like too FWIW.

#58     Jan 7, 2012
  9. To put this to rest. We were on our way to Kuwait, to set up there. We got as far as Spain, and then we were called back. No reason. Didn't matter.

Later, I was told that our hospital was one of the largest of it's kind, and that it would have looked bad to deploy us. As there was already one MASH already there, and Bush wanted to save face.

Also, the way it works in the medical MOS is that those who are on active duty rotate to the theatre. Those who are in reserve status rotate to fill the spot in the hospital or nursing home where the active guy left.

I was two years active from 1999-2001. Then went reserve status. I still had my gear in my closet when 911 happened. I went numb on that day, checked my gear, sat down and waited for the phone call or the knock. It never came.

Lucrum talks about his nephews, but he never talks about HIM. What the hell did YOU do Lucrum, other than talk shit on P&R, like I said, YOU are a chickenhawk. And YOU will prolly be one of the first to tuck tail and run when the shit hits the fan.

#59     Jan 7, 2012
  10. YOU are a chickenhawk, lucrum. Further, I think you are simply retarded, as you have been told literally a dozen times, that there are no bedpans involved unless you are a CNA.

Man, you are the most stupid redneck I have EVER seen. And I know a lot of rednecks:D

#60     Jan 7, 2012