My Brothers In Arms

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RCG Trader, Dec 31, 2011.

1. [​IMG]

#31     Jan 3, 2012
  2. pspr

pspr

LOL :D

#32     Jan 3, 2012
  3. We have had a couple, granted. But the commander in chief is the President of the United States. Ours is not to reason why, ours is but to do or die. Now, that said. I went to the last all male base in the Army at the time I went. We still did things the Full Metal Jacket Way. None of our drills hit us, but me and the person on CQ did have to personally stop a soap party.

Everyone has seen that movie and our drills would not stop PTing us because of this one kid. They woke us up at 3am once.

Back to my point. There is serious conditioning that goes on in the combat forces, and unless our President is clearly Nero, they will execute that Pyrrhic victory. This is where the citizens have to get involved. Did anyone bring real real pressure to Bush? Where was the Occupy the Pentagon?

The military is a function of the civilian wing of our government. If we go out and kill people, it is because the President, whom u elected, told us to. You did not demand the President reverse his position, so we completed the mission as we understood it to be.

Civilians control the US Armed forces. Whatever we did, we did in your name.

#33     Jan 3, 2012
  4. Ricter

Ricter

I don't disagree at all, I think we're on slightly different topics now. I was mainly referring to the idea some Randroids have, that we can retreat to our borders and solve problems "over there" with nukes.

#34     Jan 3, 2012
  5. Well that is why to dems are pushing Paul. They are. You know.

Here is my regimen of news Ricter.

I listen to Glen Beck at nine. I listen to Rush at eleven. I listen Hannity at two. I go to bed at four. I wake up at nine. I am at work at eleven, with my trading platform up. I watch Rachel, then the Last Word, then Chris Matthew, then Ed Schultz. Then I have to go to work for real.

So, while I am driving home, I listen to Bob and Tom, in case I missed anything, and then I get home, trading platform up, and do it all over again.

Ron or Rand cannot win for a bunch of reasons. They can win at the state level, but never at the federal level. I have lived in the deep South, the Eastern Seaboard, and the MidWest. I can tell you that Ron Paul will win Iowa.

He will not win another caucus.

If he does win New Hampshire. He will be at war with Fox. Which is the same as Obama being at war with msnbc and CNN.

Romney is their guy.

So whatever the Pauls say, and I regret it in the case of Ron. It will not see the light of day.

#35     Jan 3, 2012
  6. Ricter

Ricter

Hehe, well said. I'll watch to see if your prediction is accurate.

When I say "Randroids", I'm not referring to Rand Paul, but to Ayn Rand, whose writings are the philosophical starting point for the libertarians. Or should I say... religious starting point? ; )

#36     Jan 3, 2012
  7. Oh, well that is so silly, I never took that seriously. Now if any Ayn Rand fans suggest I read her book, I can have in less than a day. I am open to new ideas.

#37     Jan 3, 2012
  8. Ricter

Ricter

I'm a critic of Rand's thinking myself, but you absolutely must read her, imho. That's essential to a better understanding of our "national conversation".

#38     Jan 3, 2012
  9. Okay, it is Atlas Unshrugged? Is that correct?

#39     Jan 3, 2012
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

So...you're NOT going to answer the question?
    Not really, warrant officers, so far as I know, don't fly jets. Anyway, as already mentioned, I didn't join primarily because I wouldn't be able to fight. There were no wars going on or even on the horizon.
    IOW while some join in peace time for the benefits training or what not hoping not to go to war. I decided not to sign up because there was no war. In hind sight, not counting Grenada, I would have had to wait 11 years for a war to fight.

I didn't ask for details. You were a nurse.

I asked when and where you were deployed over seas. You know, in a combat zone. In harms way. Something that would justify your many remarks about your "ass being on the line". That's all I'm asking, and this is the third time I've politely asked. Seems like a simple enough question.

#40     Jan 3, 2012