My brother had an aneurysm and I lost my shirt

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by LuckyGirl, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Mecro, of course I do not have sex with my brother. Yes, the sex thing was included in part to entertain the troops, but also because sex comes up frequently in the aneurysm articles (after heavy lifting), consider it a public service announcement. From what I have read and heard, as in my brother’s case, a lot of aneurysm cases are missed initially. But it’s not laughs I was trolling for, it was hand holding.

Susannah, I have pm'd you. Thanks.

I'm feeling a little calmer now that I had a look at my accounts. I lost lots but Pekelo, you are right of course. No way I would trade places.

#11     Oct 9, 2008
  2. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Angelina Jolie had sex with her brother?

ET can have interesting information sometimes...

#12     Oct 9, 2008
  3. never walk away from a position without a stop. if something comes up, close out or place stop

i'm sorry this happened to you, yes, it's not as bad as an illness, but i think the 'comparative harm' sympathy has real limitations. kind of like saying to someone who was stabbed 'better than being shot, you should be gratefull'

things that suck, suck

no matter what they're compared to

whatever you do, dont get it in your head that you have to get it back 'right away'. that's the best way to take another hit

get your head back first

#13     Oct 9, 2008
  4. Toonces

Toonces

No, they just practically made out on the red carpet. Seriously. :confused:

#14     Oct 10, 2008
  5. Bad idea.

Better idea.

#15     Oct 11, 2008
  6. dtan1e

dtan1e

if u have a sis looking like that, be quite hard to control yourself

#16     Oct 11, 2008
  7. How much did you lose exactly? Also, next time try not to "anticipate" no one is psychic and the worst thing to do is to game news items.

One of the cardinal rules is to trade what you see in front of you. Not what you think you see or what you think might happen in the distant future.

#17     Oct 11, 2008
  8. Lost about $20k, 25% of my account. This after having just gotten back to break even (had previously lost $12k over about 5 months).

I'm calm again though -- no longer seeking handholding. Truth is I am still flailing around, experimenting with position/swing/daytrading/scalp, fundamentals/technicals, whatever enters my pretty little head. As it happens, I've had a little better luck with "prescience" than with trading from the charts so far.

Funny how addictive this is though. I'm an idiot to not stop and go to paper till I have some kind of systematic approach. A big loss like this almost pushed me to it, but then I had this idea to go long UYG Friday morning and it just feels so right...

#18     Oct 11, 2008
  9. Most if not all women, are not wired to trade.

Based on my experience and guys I know who own several prop firms. Most will not hire women anymore.

Waste of time.

Find a wealthy fellow. You'll have better luck at striking it rich that way.

#19     Oct 11, 2008
  10. LOL, so Chauvinistic.

So true.

#20     Oct 12, 2008