My brother had an aneurysm and I lost my shirt

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by LuckyGirl, Oct 9, 2008.

1. It started during sex. He had a sudden and severe “kicked in the head” headache. The next day he went to a walk-in clinic. They prescribed him 50 percosets without batting an eye, gave him a little pat on the head and sent him home. Three days later he went to emergency, where they discovered a dissecting aneurysm, complete with subarachnoid hemorrhaging. Incredibly, he went home alive and well yesterday.

Not so for my accounts. I was long everything in expectation of a bailout bounce when I got the call. In hindsight perhaps I could have taken the time to liquidate before going to the hospital, but I didn’t. Just packed underwear and a toothbrush and headed to the hospital.

Today I will be opening them up for the first time. I caught horrific market reports the odd time on the waiting room tv, so I know that it’s going to be ugly. My only idea is to borrow some cash and try to take advantage of a bounce again.

So what am I asking of you? Advice. I’m new to begin with and now rushing to make up a big loss – recipe for disaster. Perhaps I should just switch to papertrading until I’m at the point where I don’t need to ask for help from strangers, but it feels like an opportunity is here. I trade stocks only. Any advice would be appreciated.

2. Good luck to your brother, something similar happen to me and i'm back 100%.

Back to trading, we're you using a stop lost?

3. You had sex with your brother??? :p

4. Mecro

Mecro

5. Did you have to battle depression afterwards? PM me when you have time (after the markets close maybe?).

Sadly no, to the stop loss. I do not yet use them religiously. I've been bounced out on volatility in the past but I guess this is the lesson I needed.

6. Why should Angelina Jolie hold a monopoly on brotherly affection? :)

Gotta take it easy though. Still feel like too much joking around will jynx things.

7. Pekelo

Pekelo

Always look at the bright side, YOU are healthy. I would rather take a whipe out than an aneurysm. As long as your health is OK, you can always make money.
    Also learn a lesson and don't do the same mistake twice...

8. So, you're long at about 1150 (I think you trade ES if I remember right)? The days are blurring together for me as to what news happened which day when I look at the charts.

And at what point would you start getting liquidated?

9. Mecro

Mecro

Soooo,

You do actually have sex with your brother?

I'm not trying to be funny. Not sure if you're just trolling for laughs either.

#10     Oct 9, 2008