My attempt to earn a funded account with TopStep

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by SelfMadeDude, Sep 11, 2019.

1. traderjo

traderjo

Last post? I thought you were going to share all until the end warts and all? so if you dont mind what is your Break even point? how many tests are you going to keep taking if you keep failing.

#71     Oct 5, 2019
  2. Absolutely -- that's a good idea. Initially, I thought that posting my daily PNL screens would serve a positive for my "mental trading game" but it actually did not and may have had the adverse effect.

I also know how difficult it is to pass these evaluations so I wanted to be a source of inspiration and hope for all those other traders who are trying to pass an evaluation as well.

I will post only when I move to Step 2 and get funded. Thanks

#72     Oct 5, 2019
    Sekiyo likes this.

3. If I was working a full-time job, my breakeven would be infinity since I would never quit.

But since I am not working and have limited savings right now, this is literally "do or die" time.

I have just enough savings to get me through this month so I need to get funded by month-end.

No pressure.....

#73     Oct 5, 2019
  4. DevBru

DevBru

Can i ask, why did you do a reset? I see you started the original combine the 13th of september, so this means that on october 13th they are going to charge you the $375 again. You basically wasted the price for a reset which is $99. You should have canceled your current combine and just started a new one.

I never really understood the use of resets instead of starting with a new evaluation/combine, unless it happens in the first few days of the account and you are confident you can complete the evaluation/combine before the next payment is due. If not you are better of just canceling the current account and starting a new one instead of using the reset since you are just giving away $99 and are going to need to pay for next month as well.

#74     Oct 5, 2019
    theOrangebarron and p0box4 like this.
  5. The shady thing is that the platform they are using actually has a daily loss limit feature interestingly enough its missing in the TST version of the platform.....I wonder why? Of course I know why I've had several resets on day 1 or 2.

#75     Oct 5, 2019
  6. Overnight

Overnight

Like Obama said, (paraphrasing), "Yes you can!"

#76     Oct 5, 2019
  7. traderjo

traderjo

Not trying to put you down,, but may be... may be some reality check is required ,, you say it is a do or die situation and you are depleting the savings ...in that case or Even if you are working and have some other income should you not be mindful of the cost of getting funded.. i.e break even?
    I am surprised/ alarmed to read you say the break even would be infinity! if you were working full time, unless of course you are making millions in other job ( inthat case you dont need such funding any way)

the more combine test fees you end up paying before getting funded the less attractive it becomes.. simple maths.
    The carrot of funding is only worth it if the stick is not too harsh!
    May be better to demo trade with same conditions won;t cost you anything and then if you think you passed the conditions apply for these tests..
    Many on ET start these tests but very few have disclosed at what point they got funded and what was the cost of it at that point and the journey after that!
    any way your life your money...

#77     Oct 5, 2019
  8. Handle123

Handle123

I hope this does not come as an insult, not my intention. But it sounds to me you care more of how to help others first than yourself. To me, you have already lost and will lose it all again. Screw other people, you have to fight for yourself first and doing this journal is crap, just adds more pressure while the masses take puke shots at you. You can help other people after a year of trading profitable, otherwise...you might be one hit wonder. I do wish you profitability.

#78     Oct 6, 2019
  9. Elitetrader is about sharing. I have learned valuabe information from many here...but not from the older traders with a high post count.

The other day I learned from a sponsor that many successful traders in his book had more than one system.

As I reflect...many do not trade here in ET.

Es

#79     Oct 6, 2019
  10. Hello TopStep Mgmt,

Per my Facebook public comment, I hope you help correct this unbelievably crazy unfair situation your company has contributed the majority to.

I really do not want to make public all of the events that transpired since I have public (BankofAmerica) + emails + screenshots.

Again, it will do little to hurt your reputation since I still absolutely think you're a 100% legit company. Everybody makes mistakes. True market leaders rectify and make it right by their clients, associates, market participants -- whatever you want to refer to us traders who trust your ethics as a market leader.

I will wait for your phone call.

P.S. I am the guy who was actually as of close of 1/7/2020, 1 day and $1,300 away being funded...monthly subscription payment glitch.....serious TradeStation platform glitch

#80     Jan 7, 2020