My attempt to earn a funded account with TopStep

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by SelfMadeDude, Sep 11, 2019.

1. dunno about that

a fast , hip trader can bank large with all the stupid money out there. Problem is finding shorts when you want them , and the energy involved in hand trading

A good hand trader can mint money.

Know any ?

#41     Sep 27, 2019
  2. upload_2019-9-27_17-0-35.png

#42     Sep 27, 2019
  3. GuyCL

GuyCL

Looks like your still in a good spot to succeed.

#43     Sep 27, 2019

4. Thanks GuyCL for the supportive comment.

I've had an "interesting" experience transitioning from a swing trader to a day trader....as well as full-time employee with safety to a full-time day trader who might be homeless - depending on how well I trade.

I am getting closer to "figuring out" how to tinker with my trading strategy and hopefully can continue to progress and learn.

I love the parameters set by TopStep to earn a funded account -- not easy -- that is the beauty and joy of the journey.....after all, if you survey 100,000 random traders I can almost guarantee that only maximum 5 of them will be able to show broker statement evidence that they did not lose more than $1.00 during the past 365 days.

#44     Sep 27, 2019
  5. Lesson for today: if it is moving day and you're up a few hundred and you still have a lot of packing and loading to do ---- do not trade or you will lose a few thousand --- better yet, if you are going to trade, do not trade a contract that you have not traded for a few months

upload_2019-9-30_18-57-30.png

#45     Sep 30, 2019
  6. upload_2019-10-1_17-8-46.png

#46     Oct 1, 2019
  7. Took a day off from trading today --- have not had a day off in such a long time --- and it felt great to only look at charts for a cumulative 30 mins today during my long run

upload_2019-10-2_18-34-7.png

#47     Oct 2, 2019
  8. SPX Blaster

SPX Blaster Guest

I've passed the first test and now on the second test. Got to November 23 to make $500. What I like about FTMO, is when you trade forex only, you can hold your position overnight and not have to close all positions till Friday close.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2019
    #48     Oct 2, 2019
  9. GuyCL

GuyCL

Hate FTMO... Is it still earn 10% the first 30 days and 5% the second. What firm or company would ever want you to try and trade for 10% in 1 month. High risk. They are truly the money grabbers. How much is their rest ? Hmmm If i remember correctly you pay full price... ask them what the back end i, like if you pass and see how vague they get? I have found none worse.

#49     Oct 3, 2019
  10. SPX Blaster

SPX Blaster Guest

Have you had an account with them? Yes or no? If not, why do you speak badly of them? I passed the first test in 16 days.

#50     Oct 3, 2019