My attempt to earn a funded account with TopStep

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by SelfMadeDude, Sep 11, 2019.

1. So I passed the $5K mark in my Pro Account and am now a true funded trader.

I will keep you guys updated on my progress.

In the meantime, check out my blog: www.selfmadedu.de

#111     Mar 20, 2020
    legionx likes this.
  2. Congrats! Has to be a great feeling.

#112     Mar 20, 2020
  3. Yes, it has been worth all the tears and fears.

I want everyone to never give up on their dreams and ambitions -- just keep working hard and learning, and adjusting. You will get there!

#113     Mar 21, 2020
    jtlexington likes this.
  4. Thank you, Jay, James and the entire TST Team.

You guys have helped me and my family out in so many ways and I truly thank you and respect the ethics of your company. Thank you.

#114     Mar 26, 2020
  5. PDCapital

PDCapital

congrats man! I am currently 3k away from finishing step 1 of the 150k combine with TST. Looking forward to hopefully becoming a funded trader with them as well!

#115     Mar 27, 2020
  6. DevBru

DevBru

Quick questions for the ones here who withhave experience TST.

So you have to do combine stage 1 and 2 and have to pay for both, correct?

After this you can choose to go live or the so called pro account?

During the combine the trailing draw down is calculated end of day, not trialing, correct? Is this the same in all stages including the funded account?

#116     Mar 28, 2020
  7. I'm on Step 2 of the Combine. The numbers below are based on the $50K combine.

You don't necessarily pay for each step. You pay a monthly membership fee. If you can complete both steps before the next month, you'd only pay once.
    Once you pass Combine Step 2, the monthly fees stop, and you are correct you can go to Pro or Funded. Most people go with the Pro account since there's no additional fees, IF you screw it up you go back to Combine Step 2 (instead of Step 1), and the money you make up to $5K can be converted to a Funded account (or will automatically be converted once you hit the $5K).

For the draw downs, the daily $1,000 limit is calculated intraday, soon as you hit it it'll lock you out (I speak from experience unfortunately) and you have to pay to reset. The Weekly drawdown is calculated at the end of the day, so you can go below it as long as you recover. Honestly I'm not sure if this is daily, or weekly. For example say Day 1 you go down $500. Then Day 2 you go down $700, for a net of $1200 below start. I know you are fine on the 2 daily $1K loss limits, but not sure honestly if the weekly one is considered violated at the end of Day 2, or if you do have until the end of the week.

#117     Mar 28, 2020
  8. I earned my Premium Funded Account but had to withdraw the full amount to take care of a personal situation. It hurts that I was not able to trade but on the flip side I signed up for a Forex Combine with TST so that I can get back to my true passion which is swing trading the currency markets.

Good Luck Y'all!

Please follow my journey at my blog: www.selfmadedu.de

upload_2020-4-2_18-21-39.png

#118     Apr 2, 2020
  9. Has your TST funded account been closed ever since you took out your 5K? If so, did they close it because you've already gone down to your max drawdown after the withdrawal?

#119     Apr 4, 2020
  10. Yes, if you withdraw the $5K from the start, your account is effectively closed.

That is why I am doing a TopStep FX combine...getting back to my roots with currency swing trading

#120     Apr 9, 2020