"My advice as a Christian priest is to shoplift,"

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Optionpro007, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Emo Philips: When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
  2. "My advice does not contradict the Bible's eighth commandment because God's love for the poor and despised outweighs the property rights of the rich."

I wonder if that is what murderers say before killing someone "Well, this person was a sleaze, so I don't think this contradicts the "Thou Shalt Not Kill" commandment :D
  3. fhl

Which comes first; <s>the chicken or the egg</s> dying Anglican church or the Anglican priest saying ridiculous things?
  4. Its so ridiculous what he said. If someone is struggling for food that bad, they should just go out and beg. It costs 1 dollar for 1 pound of rice(cheaper if you shop at discount grocers) 1 pound of rice will feed a family for a day. (dont like rice....ramen noodles costs 12 cents each)

No matter what...if you are out begging...someone is going to give you a buck. There is no need to steal. Only reason to steal is if you want steak & wine for dinner. yeah it sucks to eat plain rice or top ramen, but at least you have a clear conscious. It also inspires you to work harder to get out of your situation. if you steal and you do well at it, you are more likely to keep stealing more and more because its so easy...especially if you are stealing to keep up your lifestyle.

And speaking of that...who even needs to steal food or beg for money for food? we have food stamps in this country. If you are that poor, you get free food.
  5. And is was so nice of him to single out large stores as being OK to hit, but not small. If it was not immoral, how long would the large stores last if everyone decided they didn't have to pay any more...?

At what income level is it OK to start doing legal shoplifting? what if my soul is "hungry" for a 65" top line LCD tv? Can I shoplift it? After all, "Man Does Not Live On Bread Alone."

And how many low income workers depend on jobs at Sears, Target, Walmart, KMart, and a whole lot of other chains?

Heck, just empty out their cash registers. Then the chains don't have to worry about stocking the shelves.

And if it is OK to steal food, how about not paying rent to your landlord, not paying for gas, not paying back money borrowed from friends, not paying for utilities, etc. etc. etc. Just borrow the neighbor's Mercedes if you don't have enough money to get your own.