My account value reaches $600,000 for the first time; launching incubator hedge fund

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by lazar206, Jan 31, 2011.

1. risky63

risky63

you should just stick to makin 200%/ year.
    in 5 years you won"t be able to spend it all.
    why deal with all the paperwork and headaches.
    just post your strategy so all your fellow et"ers can retire with you......please.

#11     Feb 1, 2011
  2. jem

jem

Have you noticed a pattern that all the cases and hearing seem to be about guys how were defrauding the public?

Where are the cases where they stop small time money managers from telling the truth? When I did the research years ago, when this was effecting us, I did not find one.

The truth is goal of U.S. constitution and the U.S. Supreme court seems to always allow it. Why would small hedge funds or and internet advice giver be any different in the setting of a regulatory body vs the truth teller.

#12     Feb 1, 2011
  3. jem

jem

My business partner was a blantant as could be. 400 percent returns for multiple years. Selling courses on trading markets and at big trading conferences in Vegas.

We were members of an LLC with about 100 customers and we were getting profits form the 12 to 15 people in our office.

We had regulators come to the office.

If the regulators had the ability to shut us down for speaking about records they would have.

Frankly when you think about, how the hell could the govt have a right to prevent you from telling the truth about your performance.

its an absolutely bullshit regulation put in place at the behest of the big guys to prevent little guys from taking their clients.

#13     Feb 1, 2011
  4. lazar206

lazar206

I started my account in the end of 2008; total paid into account is 225k. Last week it touched $600,000 for the first time.

#14     Feb 1, 2011
  5. Bowgett

Bowgett

This is not track record. This is bragging :)

#15     Feb 1, 2011
  6. :D

Nah... just track record. It's a hair over 60% annual ignoring taxes. A skilled trader with acct under 1MM should be able to do that every year. The question is whether he can scale it.

#16     Feb 1, 2011
  7. heech

heech

First of all, I have on idea what "you guys were". Selling courses is not under the purview of the SEC, while selling interests in a private partnership certainly is.

The SEC/FINRA/CFTC websites have a long record, on their website, showing enforcement action against those who do not fully conform to legal requirements on disclosure, general solicitation, etc. It doesn't matter if you were being truthful or not.

Here's one example:

http://www.sec.gov/litigation/admin/33-8585.pdf

At all relevant times, GKA and KPP marketed their investment advisory services through radio programs, investment seminars, and the Internet. While the interests in Fund I and Fund II were being offered to investors, GKA and KPP principals talked about these hedge funds, including the reason for starting the Funds, the investment strategies, and minimum investment amounts, during at least one radio program. During the same offering period, the hedge funds were also discussed by GKA and KPP principals during one or more investment seminars. In addition, performance figures for the hedge funds, fund strategy, and contact information were posted for a brief period in the fall of 2002 on the advisers’ shared website, which was accessible
    to the general public.
    Accordingly, as a result of these marketing activities, the offerings of the hedge funds included a general solicitation.

No allegation they violated any rule except general solicitation for securities not registered with the SEC. As far as why these laws exist... 70 years of history prove they serve a critical purpose in protecting investors.

#17     Feb 1, 2011
  8. Go buy undervalued condo or two with half your money and rent them out for 10 years then sell em. Convert your "points" to hard assets. Until then they are just "points" in a game that you may or may not forfeit back to the market. Really Relize your gains if that makes any sense. Also, just because I can turn 2000 dollars into 10,000 or 200,000 into a mill doesnt mean I should run out and start a hedge fund.

#18     Feb 1, 2011
  9. Work on achieving profitability before offering advice.

#19     Feb 1, 2011
  10. Not sure what you mean by "incubator hedge fund," but the costs of establishing and maintaining a full-blown offshore fund rule out an account value such as $100,000. You could easily spend that your first year.

#20     Feb 1, 2011