My account value reaches $600,000 for the first time; launching incubator hedge fund

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by lazar206, Jan 31, 2011.

1. lazar206

lazar206

I reached a new milestone last week when my account value reached $600,000. I am launching an incubator hedge fund now, so if/when I decide to go for a full hedge fund I should have a track record. The initial account value of the fund will be $100,000; however I will be adding 3,000 each month. I plan on posting the returns on the fund on this thread on a monthly basis at the end of each calendar month.

Looking forward for your advice and comments.

2. What is your track record ?

3. heech

heech

Good luck to you. One reminder: If you truly plan to launch a "fund", advertising returns publicly this way would put you in violation of SEC Reg D for private offerings. (And/or NFA rules on disclosing results to prospective customers).

4. cstfx

cstfx

+1

5. joe4422

joe4422

you're getting ahead of him. The next step is a paid subscription.

6. AK100

AK100

What was the starting value of the account?

Was it more than $600,000?

7. lazar206

lazar206

Starting values is $225,000

8. jem

jem

This advice might not be for everyone... but in my experience and I had some as an attorney and a guy who owned a trading llc where my business partner was bragging - promoting his ass off on the internet, the best defense to the regulators is proof that your statements are true.

I suspect the regulators leave you alone if you you are telling the truth and not cheating anyone. (because to some degree their regulations impinge upon constitutional rights)

The problem is if you then wind up losing money and your investors get attorneys.

9. u21c3f6

u21c3f6

:eek:

:D

Joe.

10. heech

heech

Well, you're right in the sense that, you probably don't have to worry as long as you're making money for everyone. If you're like the rest of us with the possibility of losing money... expect to be personally liable for your investors' losses while they get their capital back. Not to mention the possibility of prison time and a permanent ban from the industry.

And no, you don't have a constitutionally protected right to commercial speech.

#10     Feb 1, 2011