My 401k got closed!

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by morreo, Feb 12, 2008.

1. LongArm

LongArm

A Roth is a great option, especially for a young guy like yourself. Unlike with a 401k or traditional IRA, all the gains you'll rack up over the years will come out TAX-FREE with the Roth. That's huge.

#11     Feb 12, 2008
  2. OH YEA,

I HAD TO CASH IN ONE OF MY OPTIONS ON THE HOT YOUNG.....I HAVE TO MARRY THIS ONE,

IM GETTING OLDER, BY 18 YEARS.....OY VEY!!!!!!!

Hey, at least she is in Med School,

"BED PAN" anyone?:eek:

#12     Feb 12, 2008
  3. Listen to the bullshit about ROTH IRA's.

LOL, sounds like "BROKER 101 Class".

Kid, put your money into ENERGY.

ROTH IRA's are a waste of time unless you want enough to buy a song from ITUNES when you "grow up".

NOW IS THE TIME TO TAKE A SHIT LOAD OF RISK.

Don't listen to these damn Brokers.

Next thing they will tell you, is to put your money in BONDS

#13     Feb 12, 2008
  4. SDacct

SDacct

I opened up a ROTH IRA at 18 too, Use it sometimes to trade.

Great thing I like about it is that it's tax-free and you can withdraw contributions anytime without penalty which is great in case I ever need money.

#14     Feb 12, 2008
  5. LongArm

LongArm

LOL, you should learn a little before making comments about things you obviously know nothing about. He can put WHATEVER HE WANTS inside the Roth---energy, high-risk, low-risk, whatever. A Roth isn't an investment in and of itself--it's just a vehicle for giving your investments favorable tax treatment. Thanks for the chuckle though.

And no, I'm not a broker. Just a guy who's done some (ehem!) reading .

#15     Feb 12, 2008
  6. go long some DIA n let it sit there forever and ever

#16     Feb 12, 2008
  7. totally agree.

#17     Feb 15, 2008
  8. Theta is a bitch.

#18     Feb 15, 2008
  9. I'm close to your age and calculated risk is what's for dinner. Educate yourself and plunge into options, futures, equities, whatever floats your boat. You've got so much time to learn. Embrace risk right now with non-essential money.

#19     Feb 15, 2008
  10. You're better off investing you're money into a decent social life and a hot fucking girlfriend dude money will be always be there waiting for you. Get a solid education, and good friends. 18 year old girls love to suck cock.

Enjoy life dont spend the next 50 years nickle and dimming yourself what's the point of being 65+ with a shit load of money? At the price of not enjoying your life in your youth.

#20     Feb 22, 2008