my 1 share execution

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by billyjoerob, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Bob111

Bob111

+1. i'm still puzzled how this 'simulation' actually works. if i understand things correctly-IB will trade against you and will sell shares from their inventory,when they sure that the price will go against you(at least in very short term). then they will 'simulate'. thank you,but no thank you..

#21     Aug 16, 2012
  2. Dustin

Dustin

Many of these tiny odd lot fills are just probes to determine whether your order has reserve, or if there is anything hidden on the book. I believe these are mostly ex-Swift Trade guys, they've been doing this stuff for years.

#22     Aug 16, 2012
  3. yes, but what happens when you get stuck with 1 share? If you put in an order to liquidate 1 share, will someone else get stuck with it? Or will it get gobbled up? I'm wondering if several people get stuck they try to unload, and it causes several 1 share orders to just be sitting out there.

#23     Aug 16, 2012
  4. Dustin

Dustin

Yes someone else will get your share.

#24     Aug 16, 2012
  5. so maybe he got stuck with 1 share someone else had previously got stuck with? In otherewords it started out as probing, but then it just keeps getting passed from one innocent victim to another?

#25     Aug 16, 2012
  6. Dustin

Dustin

I suppose it's just a game of hot potato at that point.

#26     Aug 16, 2012
  7. xbaha

xbaha

Heheheh, i really cant stop laughing !!
    and yes it's true...
    but in slow moving - low volume stocks, MM will kick your bid/ask from the NBBO by making your order odd lot ! and there is nothing you can do about it...

#27     Sep 7, 2012
  8. In low volume stocks there is no "reserve"...
    Virtually all trades in 100 to 500 share range...
    And that often routed in 100 shares lots to many different ECNs.

In lower volume stocks with decent spreads (< 100K volume/day)...
    Pros are actually competing with specific other Pros.

So zero cost traders will drive up the cost for non-zero cost competitors...
    By hitting their Limit Orders with trivial amounts like 7 shares...
    Basically costing you in the neighborhood of $0.50

10 years ago when your minimum ticket charge might be near $10...
    The same people would hit you with 100 shares...
    Which was relatively much worse.

But it's really just an inconvenience...
    These same people are trying to cheating you 20 different ways...
    You MUST have discipline and good margins to absorb all the flak.

Actually, there is no such thing as "cheating" in America in 2012...
    Also "lying" is an anachronistic term with no meaning...
    FINRA or whatever they call themselves should just be disbanded.

When the US President is lying to you 90% of the time...
    And the other 10% using a True Fact ONLY to set up more bullshit...
    Then we are nothing more than Animals in a primitive Darwinian Game.

#28     Sep 11, 2012
  9. Bob111

Bob111

heh..easy to say,not easy to do..and if you ask me-i don't see how either margin or specially discipline would help you..
    i'm all ears..'they' can give you 1 share or none and can trade just fine at your price at any market center(about 80 of them at this time),except where you order is sitting. 'they' can trade at your market center too,but at 0.00000001 better..and you can' t place sub penny order...
    see my posts for last 10 years..and my post on second page of this thread..you are 100% correct about -

today only i got about 30 1-5 shares executions..1-2$ for in and out-it's about $60...for me..this market is FUBAR and i have no idea how FUBAR the SEC is...unreal and pathetic..

#29     Sep 11, 2012
  10. Occam

Occam