mutichart trial report

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by pihhip, Apr 15, 2008.

1. pihhip

pihhip

Your solution is only for showing muti timeframe chart,it limit too much.still not answer the question about referencing the different timeframe data series in powerLanguage of mutichart!

#11     Apr 16, 2008
  2. hektor

hektor

#12     Apr 16, 2008
  3. pihhip

pihhip

THX, ADE/EC/GV maybe a solution,but no where to download related files. i can not access the tradestation forum.
    Anyone help?!

#13     Apr 16, 2008
  4. Tums

Tums

Code:
    var:    CloseA(0), CloseB(0), CloseC(0);

CloseA = Close of Data1;
    CloseB = Close of Data2;
    CloseC = Close of Data3;

EasyLanguage has been around since the dawn of time. It is not the most powerful language, but quite adapted for the trading environment. There are very few things that can be done by one charting program, but cannot be done by EasyLanguage.

p.s. With the long history of EasyLanguage, whatever you want to do, probably it has been done by someone already, many times over, in many variations.
    EasyLanguage must have to largest library of all charting programs; I won't be surprised if the script can be found by Googling the internet.

#14     Apr 16, 2008
  5. maxpi

maxpi

it is very easy to do that, I can't give specific example because I don't work with EZ Language anymore but it's like "High of Data2". Each data that is inserted into the chart has a number.

Take my word for this, it takes a long time to master one of these programmable charting softwares. You have to get the reference manuals and just work at it. Look for examples of what you want to do in other indicators and strategies. Good luck..

#15     Apr 16, 2008
  6. Pihhip,
    1. According to the log, it is impossible to tell what time the response was entered because the time of LiveChat entries is not recorded. I believe what you are saying, though, and I apologize you were made to wait for a response for 10 minutes. We will do everything we can to prevent such delays in our support service in future.

2. I will try to answer your question. MultiCharts and eSignal Advanced charts use different approaches towards referencing data streams. As jficquette correctly mentioned you need to plot two data series within the same chart window and apply the Moving Average indicator. As you are inserting the indicator, in Properties you can choose which of the series the indicator will reference. You would need to choose data 2. This will result in MA being calculated based on the data from the second data stream.

3. TradeStation EasyLanguage does not allow inserting tick-based resolutions into minute-based charts. However, in MultiCharts we have gone further and made it possible. This is one of the reasons why our language is called PowerLanguage.

4. According to the above, you won’t need to use ADE to solve this task.

#16     Apr 16, 2008