Must-Watch Movies for Traders

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Robian, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Overnight

Overnight

Mmmm, I cannot fathom much of what you mentioned there about the rated paper, but it sounds like it was a clusterfuck in the making. Do you see this scenario developing now, or are all these folks calling for another recession due to corporate debt and sub-prime autoloans just doing the chicken-little thing? Should we be worried, as bulls?

#61     Jul 25, 2019
  2. destriero

destriero

The world deleveraged, so I don't see a similar scenario playing out. I do see stagflation and massive job losses in 2020. The deficits will result in flat to negative GDP and recession.

For example, I am heavily short automakers (globally).

#62     Jul 25, 2019
  3. destriero

destriero

I initiated shorts in GM (largest) and others (yesterday).

#63     Jul 25, 2019
  4. comagnum

comagnum

A quirky 80's film 'Quicksilver' staring Kevin Bacon. He is a down & out bike messenger in San Francisco, a washed out trader that went bust that gets one more chance to hit it big time trading.

You can watch fo free on

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
    #64     Jul 25, 2019
  5. destriero

destriero

Have you actually SEEN the remake? The worst movie of the decade.

#65     Jul 25, 2019
    comagnum likes this.
  6. Overnight

Overnight

Well yeah, I hope you were short in that POS Tesla. Just the idea of Musk's personality made me believe that thing was dogtown. Asshole electric cars.

And now England has a prime minister who thinks all energy for electric cars comes from that magical fount of ephemerism, the PLUG!

#66     Jul 25, 2019
  7. What are some TV series that traders can watch and learn useful things? Billions is a TV drama about hedge funds but I don't know what useful stuff can be learnt from there.

#67     Jan 6, 2020
  8. Pekelo

Pekelo

The second season of Black Monday is out on Showtime. You might not learn anything, but it is funny as hell. This time it is the American Savings and Loan....

#68     Mar 30, 2020
    Nobert likes this.