Must-Watch Movies for Traders

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Robian, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Negative. In the pits, he had more trading talent on his left testicle then all of ET combined.

#11     Feb 5, 2019
    comagnum likes this.
  2. Pekelo

Pekelo

Well, let's not forget some TV series, Billions and the ongoing Black Monday on Showtime.

#12     Feb 5, 2019
    Nobert and Laissez Faire like this.
  3. DepthTrade

DepthTrade

Whoa, black monday. I'm totally blown away at the awesomeness. Only watched 5 minutes though, have to get to work.

#13     Feb 5, 2019
  4. ZBZB

ZBZB

On amazon prime video

#14     Feb 5, 2019
    Nobert and qlai like this.
  5. sle

sle

While I respect the old timers, pit trading had very little to do with actual trading and more to do with ripping off clients faces. I am so happy that business model is going away.

#15     Feb 5, 2019
    destriero, They, JSOP and 1 other person like this.
  6. destriero

destriero

I was sitting at a table at Rivers and Borsellino was at the next table. Someone at the table was joking about the (apparent) fact that Lew had lost over half a mil that day due to a failed Fibo retracement level. I could've shit myself. Yup, Fib levels.

"Rogue Trader" with Ewan McGregor is a lot of fun.

#16     Feb 5, 2019
    comagnum likes this.
  7. Overnight

Overnight

Hay, all indicators eventually work, if you give them enough time.

Like beginning of Feb to March. 50% retrace took a couple of weeks. Oct to Feb of this year, it took only 3 months.

What did it take in 86? Like a decade? Retracements work forever! But that 4th dimension of time will get ya' every time!

#17     Feb 5, 2019
  8. sle

sle

OPM

#18     Feb 5, 2019
  9. JSOP

JSOP

A Perfect Murder is another. Although it's not about trading per se, it does touch upon some concepts in trading. "Rogue Trader", a movie about the trader Nick Leeson who single-handedly brought down one of the oldest bank in England is another great trading movie. And there is also the currently running TV series "Billions". It's interesting to note except The Big Short and Margin Call, all the other trading movies/shows all have some criminal elements in them and even Margin Call although legal is still controversial. It's almost sending out a message that if you want to make money, make big money and having fun doing it, you have to break some laws... LOL The Big Short is the only movie so far where the guy made all the big money being 100% legit and 100% ethical.

#19     Feb 6, 2019
  10. sle

sle

Every time I find an errant 20-dollar bill before doing laundry, I recall this quote

"Le secret des grandes fortunes sans cause apparente est un crime oublié, parce qu' il a été proprement fait."
    --Honoré de Balzac

#20     Feb 6, 2019