MUST WATCH!!! Inspirational!!! Save Our Souls!!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ByLoSellHi, Jul 12, 2008.

1. #11     Jul 12, 2008
  2. I don't see proof that he believes the earth is 6,000 years old in that link; just the allegation.

I will say this, I would be surprised if he does believe it - but it wouldn't change the fact that I agree with him on EVERY issue he speaks about in the video, or almost every issue I've ever heard him speak about.

#12     Jul 12, 2008
  3. “Given the inefficiencies of what D.C. laughingly calls the `criminal justice system, ’ I think we can safely assume that 95 percent of the black males in that city are semi-criminal or entirely criminal." -- Ron Paul

#13     Jul 13, 2008
  4. That is correct....RP has already mentioned LIVE on the Alex Jones show statements which show the allegation is not correct.

BTW, find me a MORE honorable politician right now in the U.S. (by what they have said publically and what is their ACTUAL voting record!!!).....find me just one! :)

#14     Jul 13, 2008
  5. "The notion of a rigid separation between church and state has no basis in either the text of the Constitution or the writings of our Founding Fathers." — Ron Paul

#15     Jul 13, 2008
  6. ......and again Ron Paul is actually totally right, as you read all the various references to GOD throughout much of the initial documents which our country was founded.

There never was RIGID separation, but obvious separations as needed.

#16     Jul 14, 2008
  7. You are disingenuous by leaving out a critical portion of that quote:

"The notion of a rigid separation between church and state has no basis in either the text of the Constitution or the writings of our Founding Fathers. On the contrary, our Founders’ political views were strongly informed by their religious beliefs. Certainly the drafters of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution, both replete with references to God, would be aghast at the federal government’s hostility to religion. The establishment clause of the First Amendment was simply intended to forbid the creation of an official state church like the Church of England, not to drive religion out of public life."

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul148.html

It's so obvious that those criticizing Ron Paul have a devious agenda, and they take his comments out of context intentionally, leave qualifiers off his statement intentionally, quote partial statements of his rather than the whole relevant text, or just plain fabricate things about him (e.g. earth is 6000 years old).

If you're going to make a statement about someone, at least do 30 seconds of research before you slander them.

#17     Jul 14, 2008
  8. However, I think that politicians should stay the hell away from religion and stop wearing God on their sleeve, whoever they may be. Religion should neither be denied to, or forced upon, anyone. You do not legislate so-called spirituality.

#18     Jul 14, 2008