MUST...SELL...MORE...WATCHES...

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by cstfx, Jan 25, 2009.

1. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Hmm. I have a 1933 Rolex Masonic tank. I have only seen one other. Not exactly falling from trees.

I like the old stuff <shrug>.

#41     Jan 26, 2009
  2. I suppose the downside for the magazine is that the "broke-ass big dreamer" contingent didn't contribute much in the way of revenues for the advertisers. (To the extent that such things can actually be quantified.)

#42     Jan 26, 2009

3. oh yeah. never expected to agree with you on anything, but totally agree here--not a fan of Patek, but the Royal Oak is a great watch.

surf

#43     Jan 26, 2009

4. no doubt.

vintage is awesome, my comment was directed toward the newer 1970's forward rolex models.

surf

#44     Jan 26, 2009
  5. I prefer Vacheron to Patek

#46     Jan 26, 2009
  6. I'm glad I am not the only one that is gleeful and delighted that these firms crashed and burned. The pleasure I got helping short Lehman and Bear out of existance is far more than any watch or over priced material status item could give me. These shleps will have to take retail banking jobs or become ameriprise financial advisors now.

I don't miss the dbag analysts or hot shot guys that moved to the "big city" from Michigan or Ohio and got their ass handed to them that are no longer on the L each morning.

#47     Jan 26, 2009
  7. Well put, LEHMAN was great, l did my shorts via a UK broker and remember distinctly hearing the Cockney chap swallowing when l closed the trade for a nice sum, well plus an ex girlfriend (Caroline Fl_ _ y) used to work there - bitch, l hope she got the ferry back to fuckin Ireland and help them grow bloody potatoes, bitch :D

#48     Jan 26, 2009

8. yeah, i never understood the appeal of patek. the entire 3rd floor above tiffanys on 5th in NYC is dedicated to the brand--people love it and pay dearly for the name.

a friend has vacheron's overseas. nice watch~

#49     Jan 26, 2009
  9. Trader Monthly is a pretty good mag especially the Johnny Chan articles like many have stated. It is the advertisements that I find to be riduculous.

The folks I know who trade at the prop shops who put their OWN money on the line everyday wouldn't be plunking down on these items advertised. Yet the folks I know who trade other people's money and made some major change for the past few years would more than likely to dish out for say $30,000 watch come bonus time.

#50     Jan 28, 2009