Must see: The Great Global Warming Swindle

Discussion in 'Politics' started by just21, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Didn't Adam Smith establish that individuals pursuing selfish interests in a free market benefit the greater good?

You *are* a capitalist, right? Otherwise you wouldn't be here at ET

(Just to be clear: I'm as skeptical of arguments FOR human causation of global warming as those AGAINST. Especially when couched in a political/religious forum.)

#51     Mar 13, 2007
  2. yonglee

yonglee

The video conveyed the message so clearly, but it run 40 minutes. :D

#52     Mar 13, 2007
  3. Sigh...

I'm certainly not going to give a lecture that goes back to Hobbes and through Rawls and discusses the nature of the social contract. I've noticed that ET'ers education as a group tends to be a bit myopic. Try to reason like an intelligent human being rather than a paranoid who can only think "they" are out to take "his" money.

FWIW, we do not have unregulated capitalism in this or any other country and it is most certainly not the most efficient method for allocating resources when "all" costs are taken into account. If you don't see why, google the free rider problem.

#53     Mar 13, 2007
  4. I'm guessing that he didn't anticipate the destruction of the planet while in hot pursuit.

#54     Mar 13, 2007
  5. The world was a much bigger, emptier place when Adam Smith wrote Wealth of Nations. I concede to ssternlight.

I'm a software-writing physicist who took EC101 in college. That's it for economics.

Still, it's fun stirring the pot occasionally. :cool:

#55     Mar 13, 2007

6. lol...

I know the feeling.

#56     Mar 13, 2007
  7. True. But it takes time to describe the backgrounds of the duplicitous bastards who are arguing against global warming and/or its causes. Even so, you must admit it was gratifying to watch them scurrying for cover on camera.

#57     Mar 13, 2007
  8. Learner

Learner

Where is the dirty crude oil come from?
    deep of the earth.

Where it is moving to?
    It is being scattered evenly into the fresh air.

where it eventuerly stay?
    don't know, but part of the substances are breathed in and out our lungs, some stay in our body for sure.

The logic is humanbeing drilling the earth sucking the the black greasy liquid out and stuffing it into our mouthes and noses indirectly.

Right?

#58     Mar 13, 2007
  9. Jon Frum

Jon Frum

Whats so bad about Co2 ? Are you guys against plants ? They need it to live. Its their food. They give us oxygen in return as a thank you. As for me I support the plants. They like Greenhouse living. The more the better.

#59     Mar 13, 2007
  10. Yeah that's right! Save the baby plants! Make more C02!

#60     Mar 13, 2007