Must see: The Great Global Warming Swindle

Discussion in 'Politics' started by just21, Mar 12, 2007.

1. This may give you a better understanding of the skeptics:

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash.htm

#11     Mar 12, 2007
  2. Guys, even if every signer of the Kyoto protocol actually implemented every little detail, who's gonna stop China? I realize they were exempted, but they're growing so fast (and burning so much cheap, abundant coal) that they'll outstrip the west in CO2 emissions in no time.

Face it, we're going to just have to live with global warming for the foreseeable future, barring any miraculous technological advances in energy.
    (Assuming that the apparent global warming is human caused)

#12     Mar 12, 2007
  3. Ah... one of the political whoremongering sites. Didn't we cover that above under self-interest.

#13     Mar 12, 2007
  4. i am a skeptic and no...i am not on the oils payroll.

#14     Mar 12, 2007
  5. To put a simple analogy on the table, we're all going to die too. That doesn't mean we don't exercise.

#15     Mar 12, 2007
  6. Nothing wrong with being skeptical in my book. I just don't see the downside to working towards more energy efficient -- and lower "pollution" -- technologies. It's not like it's hard to see that we run out of the current fossil fuels in a couple of hundred years max.

#16     Mar 12, 2007
  7. dhpar

dhpar

wow - Aristotle has spoken.

#18     Mar 12, 2007

8. this is the actual state of pollution in 'pechino', china:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

but yeah, i am still a skeptic. :D

#19     Mar 12, 2007
  9. There's a saying you may have heard of, "Don't shoot the messenger."

Gore's bright ideas are for you, not him. With regard to that fact, there are those who "get it", and those who don't.

#20     Mar 12, 2007