Must be time to short the NQ.

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Overnight, Jul 9, 2019.

1. trader99

trader99

Yep. Today I'm trading purely stocks! Going with what works! So much more relaxing and profitable too! None of this constant whipsawing in futures. Futures trading has been the most stressful thing to trade. At least for me. net net I'm still down huge on it. wtf

Going forward, it will be all stocks! I have an edge there. I have little to no edge in futures trading.

My losses are small. And my winners are multiples bigger. In futures, it's the reverse! LOL

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
    #51     Jul 11, 2019
  2. trader99

trader99

I avoid futures today and I'm green! Yay! No more whipsawing around with a lot of stresses and losses or small profits.

#52     Jul 11, 2019
  3. heispark

heispark

I guess US stock indices start falling from coming Monday. The time has come......... :rolleyes:

#53     Jul 13, 2019
  4. Overnight

Overnight

Yes. Since I am now short, you should fade me and go long! Wheee!

#54     Jul 13, 2019
    heispark likes this.
  5. Overnight

Overnight

Hey, by the way, I think I am about to abandon equities all together and focus on the energies again. The CL cycling has been gorgeous over the past year. I miss that.

#55     Jul 13, 2019
  6. You trade TSLA options right?
    When were you expecting the earnings to come? Many news articles were estimating early Aug around 3-4 but now is set to announce on jul 24. Did you observe how the near weekly options repriced the earnings? I am still struggling to understand how weekly options estimate earnings date and how IVs should exhibit a distribution surrounding base earnings week.
    Past earnings announcement weeks are the only estimator I can think of, so I don't see how market makers can have an edge in pinning down the announcement week better than anyone. Do you agree?

#56     Jul 14, 2019