Must Be The PPT...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by gnome, Dec 5, 2008.

1. MKTrader

MKTrader

No, just a poor excuse.

#41     Dec 6, 2008
  2. rofl great call there!

how much are we down this year?

#42     Dec 6, 2008
  3. hughb

hughb

Back during the rip-roaring bull market days of the mid 90's it was common for the crashistas and permabears to blame the "PPT" for a continously rising market, it was certainly easier than admitting you are wrong. I always thought that once the bull market ended they would stop believing in their fantasy of a market controlled by "they". But doggone it if here we are, in a market down over 40%, and they still believe there is a group of hobgoblins propping the market up. The fact that the market is not up doesn't deter them at all. They just point to the Wikipedia page about the PPT and say, "SEEEE! It is real!"

#43     Dec 6, 2008

4. No, it's called short covering, which is what the smart money does going into a weekend after a nice run back down with the trend over the last couple of days. It is hardly "loading up".

#44     Dec 6, 2008

5. This is one of the funniest posts I have ever seen on ET - what a joke.

#45     Dec 6, 2008
  6. Yes, there "kind of" is...if you are a member, go up to "Your Account" and click on it. When you get to "your page" look toward the top of the page and you will see "Ignore List" I did it with sphincter_trader. I enjoy a good laugh as much as anyone, but sphincter_trader is just an over the top troll, or an idiot - I am not sure which :D

#46     Dec 6, 2008
  7. #47     Dec 6, 2008
  8. You can't get any clearer than this. Thanks Sandygray66 for providing a rational explanation for today's action.

The ONLY reason the PPT becomes a problem in one's trading is when one is short when the "PPT" kicks in. When you're long who cares about the PPT, when you're short or out watching it go up then OF COURSE it is the PPT.

Who gives a shit whether it's the PPT or not. Just trade price & volume. It doesn't get any better than that.

"Simply demand exceeding supply" Love it!!

#48     Dec 6, 2008
  9. The mantra for all trading...

Supply exceeding demand...markets weaken

Demand exceeding supply...markets strengthen

It is a simple as that....

#49     Dec 6, 2008
  10. gnome

gnome

You were excited enough about this thought to waste the energy to type the keys?

#50     Dec 6, 2008