Muslims only? Leave it to "Fair and Balanced"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Aug 16, 2006.

1. Fox News Airs Suggestion for 'Muslim-Only' Airport Line

Newshounds | Posted Wednesday August 16, 2006 at 09:26 AM

Yesterday on Fox News' "Dayside," conservative radio host Mike Gallagher proposed that airports institute a "Muslims only" line for airport travelers during a segment Tuesday on racial profiling. Meta, that. From Newshounds, who "watch FOX so you don't have to":

"Dayside" co-host Juliet Huddy set up the debate by noting that all terrorists have been Muslim extremists, and Jerrick claimed that some people oppose racial profiling as "politically incorrect."

"It's not just a matter of political correctness, please," responded [constitutional lawyer Michael] Gross. "It's illegal, it's unconstitutional, unethical, immoral, it shouldn't be done. We do not in this country prejudge a person based upon their race, creed, color, country of national origin and it's wrong to do so and it addition it's not effective. It doesn't work. It actually perpetuates the problem. That is, it separates us."

Gallagher responded that Gross's statements were "absolutely absurd" and claimed that the Traffic Safety Administration is aggressively targeting uniformed members of the military. "Let's have a Muslim-only line," Gallagher said, as Gross started to talk.

Jerrick asked Gallagher to repeat what he said.

"It's time to have a Muslims check-point line in America's airports and have Muslims be scrutinized. You better believe it, it's time," Gallagher said, garnering tepid audience applause.

According to the Newshounds account, despite Gross' clarification above, the debate was framed as a "political correctness" issue rather than one of unconstitutionality.

2. That is got to be fair and balanced... the party mouthpiece said it :D

3. Pabst

Pabst

Clearly "Muslim Only" lines in airports is a bit much. However few common-sense Americans would argue that scrutinizing Islamic looking twenty something males would be resources better spent than making the Little Old Lady from Pasadena strip down to her thong. Unconstitutional? Why? Equal protection? Very loosely applicable.

Law enforcement is in the crime stopping/crime investigation business. Businessmen TARGET their user. Why shouldn't the police or airport screeners? If your wife turns up dead are you not as her husband, member of a statistically high group of wife murderers, not going to receive some extra "interest" from investigators? Is that not profiling?

Libs have made it virtually impossible for police departments to profile African-Americans. The result. Black crime in the U.S. is out of control. We should reasonably allow Law Enforcement the full tools needed to make American's as safe as possible without clear Constitutional violations.

4. So you are blaming the liberals for increase in crime among blacks.

Classic Pa(b)st his primeism...

5. Pabst

Pabst

I blame the biggest liberal, special interests, Democrat voting group around. Blacks themselves. What are they doing to make their neighborhoods safer? I suppose as a raghead you feel particularly threatened by profiling......

6. I think we should single out caucasian Republican males as well as muslim males because two terror attacks on US soil were carried out by these guys.

7. Pabst

Pabst

If you think white males commit terror at the same statistical rates as Islamic males then I'd LOVE to play some poker with you.

8. One out of the two most heinous terror acts committed in this country was by white Republican males. It's a fact.

I don't gamble.

9. Pabst

Pabst

Who's disputing that? How many white males in the U.S? 100 million? How many Muslim males? Have many white British been bombing busses or planning air attacks lately? or many Christian Canadians ordering bomb making explosives recently? When's the last time a non-Muslim hijacked a U.S. airplane? The 70's?

10. Arnie

Arnie

Wow, I didn't know the Unabomber was a Republican!:D

#10     Aug 16, 2006