Muslim radicals to converge on South Park, CO.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Clubber Lang, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Huh? Mao and the Khmer Rouge were neither religious nor capitalists? :confused:

But yeah, "Some of history's greatest atrocities were perpetrated by ideology of different stripes." Which still does not deny the fact that ""Some of history's greatest atrocities were [indeed] perpetrated by religious extremists of different stripes."

This is actually much better, I like your comparison of Islamic fundamentalism and Mao/Khmer Rouge.

#11     Apr 21, 2010
  2. Ricter

Ricter

Of course you like it, I knew you would. Religious fundamentalism, economic fundamentalism, political fundamentalism (Hitler, though we needn't go into that), all of them "of a stripe".

#12     Apr 21, 2010
  3. Could not agree with you more, all fundamentalisms are bad. Of course this thread is about religious fundamentalism... or at least it was until you tried to sidetrack it with other "isms" that are just as bad but have nothing to do with this thread.

Why? Why are you so desperately trying to protect religious fundamentalism and extremism from being revealed and discussed?

#13     Apr 21, 2010
  4. Ricter

Ricter

Oh, I'm not desperate, not in the least. My reason could be related to:

"Islam by far inspires the most violence, intolerance, and hatred of any belief system around today."

#14     Apr 21, 2010
  5. What's wrong with the quote? Mao, Khmer Rouge and even Shell Oil don't inspire as much violence, intolerance and hatred as Islam <b>today</b>.

The key word is obviously "today", it might have been different 50 years ago.

#15     Apr 21, 2010
  6. If Islam by far inspires the most violence, intolerance, and hatred of any belief system around today, then how come Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world? Is population explosion the answer? Or people love violence?

Or can it be a response to decaying of Christianity and capitalism?

any comments?

#16     Apr 21, 2010
  7. Arnie

Arnie

In the link the OP provided, where does it say "muslim radicals to converge on South Park"?

I'd like to see that. I don't think there would be too many left if they did "converge". No what I mean? :D :D

#17     Apr 22, 2010
  8. If Islam by far inspires the most violence, intolerance, and hatred of any belief system around today, then how come Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world?

#18     Apr 22, 2010
  9. Because the have nots greatly outnumber the haves, and Radical Islam gives them an opportunity to get even.

#19     Apr 22, 2010
  10. Who's presumed to have credibility here?

South Park or Fox News? Aren't they the same?

#20     Apr 22, 2010