Muslim Mindset: 'The hatred is in Muhammad himself'

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Rearden Metal, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Stu, why do you quote the Bible out of context? He also said "those who live by the sword, die by the sword."

#11     Jan 25, 2010
  2. But not so much the Old Testament.

#12     Jan 25, 2010
  3. stu

stu

But I haven't quoted out of context.
    It doesn't matter how many nice things the Bible claims Jesus Christ is supposed to have said , and that you might think the stuff you quote isn't out of context whilst the stuff I quote is, but neverthless the Bible does claim Jesus Christ said those things.

There is nastiness emanating from the supposed mouth of Jesus H Christ just as there is from Allah and plenty other so called gods wherever you look.

Just why do people need a character who is saying some good things and some bad things like Jesus Christ is , to do good things themselves anyway?

Good people do good things, Bad people do bad things.
    It takes religion for good people to do bad things and still consider themselves to be good.

#13     Jan 25, 2010
  4. jem

jem

That is one naive statement.

Have you ever talked to convicted criminals? Ever talk to guys in the mafia. Ever talk to drug dealers. Ever talk to con guys.
    Many years ago I had coffee with a mob lawyer - he got paid in coke- which he then had to sell... you think he saw himself as a bad guy or a victim?

You know how criminals can justify what they did.... almost everyone. I suspect most people who do bad things do not see themselves as bad guys. Human beings rarely accept reality.

Most humans and most traders do not see reality. When you see reality you can begin to make money trading.

How many people make money trading..

#14     Jan 25, 2010
  5. stu

stu

You're saying Jesus Christ was a criminal ? You're saying Jesus Christ did not see himself as a bad guy in saying the bad things he said because he could not see reality?

I am not naive enough to know you mean that, so can you please explain wtf you are talking about.
    I suspect it is the whipping boy catholic in you that defaults into blaming everyone else and yourself for the bad things Jesus Christ said.

#15     Jan 26, 2010
  6. jem

jem

Stu said -

Good people do good things, Bad people do bad things.
    It takes religion for good people to do bad things and still consider themselves to be good.

--
    Of course I was not talking about jesus. I was talking about your confused summary quoted above.
    ------

I would like to see what quotes from Jesus you find offensive? Are you quoting them in context?

I guess you do not understand the good news Stu.

Jesus said you have to believe God and repent.

Is that really harsh and mean and despicable?

You can choose to disbelieve - but you would have to be psychotic to call that message the names you have been calling it.

#16     Jan 29, 2010
  7. maxpi

maxpi

Watch "Total Onslaught" videos. If anybody seems to be well-researched on the subject it's the speaker in those videos. He asserts that Islam was invented by Jesuits to use as a weapon in the Middle East.. I wonder if it didn't get out of hand a bit.. pretty funny if that is the actual case..

Of course I profess nothing but love for Islamists no matter how extreme, and Jesuits everywhere.. put the guns away boys, never mind who /where I am, I'm just a lonely scholar on an incredible journey of discovery... I might convert to Cathlo-Slam if it ever exists.. no really...

#17     Jan 29, 2010
  8. Hi maxpi,

It is a fact that the cousin of Mohamed's first wife (Khadeejah), "Waraqah Bin Noufal" was an Ebionite Christian who insisted on the necessity of following Jewish religious law and rites which they interpreted in light of Jesus' expounding of the Law. They regarded Jesus as the Messiah but not as divine.

It is also a fact that Mohamed’s indoctrination happened at the hand of Waraqah, hence the belief in Islam that Jesus is not divine but the Messiah that will come to lead the believers to victory against the wicked at the end of time.

Another fact that is not that known is that the most cherished woman in the two worlds is Mary and not any of the women in Mohamed’s life.

Regards,

Sameeh

#18     Jan 30, 2010
  9. stu

stu

What do you mean am I quoting in context? Have you even read a Bible?

It is really down to you I think, to demonstrate how someone like yourself, droning aphorisms of "good news" can be susceptible to illusory tales originating out of an old fairy story book about a fictional dead - not dead Jewish zombie, without first raising questions of psychosis.

Then I'd say you'll have to show , how it is that some nasty things and some good things said by that Jesus persona are magically all made into only good things, without also being open to questions of delusion.

#19     Jan 30, 2010
  10. Stu, he was framed. Scribes shoved words in his mouth just as Roman soldiers shoved nails in his hands. This accounts for the schizophrenic tone of words that we are told came from Jesus. Jesus did not endorse OT mythology much as we are led to believe. The NT misrepresents so awfully that it constitutes a kind of subversion. It buries the truth even as it alledgedly tells the truth. Don't think for a minute that it transfers any understanding of the original, authentic message of Jesus. Most of the personalities surrounding him did not understand, even after three years sojourn. So it's more probable that in their enthusiastic zealotry, they propogated a mixture of preconcieved notions and nationalistic prejudices with an authentic, truthful message. To this extent, it is good for "clues"...a reference for a good detective to begin research, not end it. Jesus was consistent. It's those who traded on his coattails who were inconsistent (contradictory, schizophrenic).

Christ!

#20     Jan 31, 2010