Music while trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by SilverBullet, Jun 29, 2002.

1. I'm remote...and last week decided to try something new.
    No tv. no cnbc..just radio.....

I listen to Howard in the morning..then I toss in some cd's.
    Deftones
    The Pixies
    Tool

those were the top 3

much better than listening to the CNBC hype

#21     Jun 30, 2002
  2. thats funny i listen to stern also while trading. i get it off the net(replays w/o commercials). i watch cnbc premarket mostly.

#22     Jun 30, 2002
  3. It seems that a lot of traders listen to jazz... Here is one site that I prefer: www.moontaxi.com They have 9 different jazz channels.

#23     Jul 1, 2002
  4. i prefer christian rock. well, actually, during the day, it's a mix of rock, alternative, acoustic, dance, etc. (including some pop which I tolerate). http://www.spiritfm905.com/

#24     Jul 1, 2002
  5. why does everyone listen to internet radio stations...why dont you just listen to MP3s...i have tousands of mp3s on my computer..ranging from evry kind a music(except country :p) why hog more of your internet when you odnt have too??:D

#25     Jul 1, 2002
  6. Kymar

Kymar

#26     Jul 17, 2002
  7. PubliasEnigma

PubliasEnigma Guest

#27     Jul 17, 2002
  8. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

This is so cool to find this tread. I absolutly can not trade without music, when I try I don't get anything right. I thought I was some sort of freak, I know that Toni does, it certainly gets on her nerves sometimes. :)

Brandon

#28     Jul 17, 2002
  9. Kymar

Kymar

Interesting... difficult... dubious... a long way from easy listening...

#29     Jul 17, 2002
  10. Kymar

Kymar

To make things even freakier for ya... I've always had a synaesthetic reaction to music - I see visual images in my ol' brain while listening or playing... and what I see looks a lot like price charts... not kidding... and to tell you the truth, I kind of hear price charts, too...

There are times, when the stock's doing what it ought to, and I've got the right music on - mmmm...

:p

and making money to boot...

if THEY knew how good it was, they'd pass a law against it, I'm sure...

#30     Jul 17, 2002