Music while trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by SilverBullet, Jun 29, 2002.

1. lescor udahman.

#11     Jun 30, 2002
  2. sabena

sabena

Try www.smoothjazz.com, that's the smoothest

jazz you will ever find.

Without this music, I would not get in the

"Zone" ....

Try it !

#12     Jun 30, 2002
  3. i did bluegrass for a while. i go in phases. if I can get that squawker hooked up, I'm gonna try it.

#13     Jun 30, 2002
  4. I listen to my satellite alternative music station. Crazy I know. Beethoven sometimes. CNBC pre market

#14     Jun 30, 2002
  5. http://www.shoutcast.com/

Lots to choose from: world, electronica, jazz, classical, etc, etc. All free. If you choose a feed with a bitrate over 128 you are getting near CD quality.

#15     Jun 30, 2002
  6. Pound

Pound

Really livin' it. I like that. You forgot to add that "b-bidee b-bidee" thing that he does.

-Pound

#16     Jun 30, 2002
  7. Hey guys. Im not a trader yet, im 17 but learning.

But does'nt music create emotion, and if your day trading dont you want no Emotion.

I dunno hhahaha maybe im wrong????

THanx

#17     Jun 30, 2002
  8. sabena

sabena

The music helps to get in a certain "state
    of mind" , I would not call this emotion...

#18     Jun 30, 2002
  9. i run a prop trading desk and have been experimenting with playing music and comdey. some of the best stuff is on www.live365.com you can find every type of music there including stations that play just pranks. simply put pranks in the search field. you will find stations that play jerky boys and touch tone terrorists. laughter will kill negative emotions often found on trading floors. high energy music is very helpfull in raising spirits also.

#19     Jun 30, 2002
  10. I listen to conservative talk radio myself . . .

That should prompt a response from bung :D

#20     Jun 30, 2002