music/software downloading sites (ex: napster, kazaa, etc..)

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TKOtrader, May 6, 2003.

1. Agree the Lite version works very well. Make sure you have up to date virus scanning and a utility to weed out spyware too.

I have dl'd many files from Kazaa and only had one with a virus and I should have seen it coming.

DS

#11     May 7, 2003
  2. Flynn

Flynn

For me eDonkey network is the best. All new releases and virus free verified downloads.

#12     May 7, 2003
  3. don't bother with any system run by a corporation and charging money for download ability. They are profiting from piracy and will be taken out eventually.

The free Gnutella based systems are the only ones that will never die, because there is no money changing hands, nobody to sue, and no central servers to shut down. They are trying scare tactics now because they have no other means of attack, and savvy users know it.

You should ALWAYS use virus software if you use a computer on the internet, not just if you share music. This is common sense and should not be seen as a burden.

#13     May 7, 2003
  4. Here's some info for educational purposes only.

If you think you have spyware on your comp, go to www.download.com and search for "spybot" , install it and run it. It will take care of all spyware.

Installing software:

Software on kazaa is usually stored into broken multiple files, and is zipped into one exe file. In order to install it, you need to unzip all the files into one folder, then click on either an automatic install file, if it's provided, or a "RAR" file. To open the RAR file, you need a program called winRAR. You can get this at download.com. The main file will then extract and put together all the broken parts.

I wouldn't recommend downloading software though. I heard people have been getting messages on these p2p networks and being warned of piracy.

#14     May 7, 2003
  5. WTF !!! i just finished downloading ''quickbooks'' on kazaa and now i cant figure out how to get it working. nothing works.
    and the worst part is this took a good 24hrs using a dial-up :mad: :mad:

#15     May 7, 2003
  6. you are a complete loser. go buy it you cheap bastard.

#16     May 7, 2003

7. FUCK YOU , YA PUSSY !! HA HA HA

GUESS WHAT BITCH , ITS WORKING NOW ... HA HA HA HA HA

#17     May 7, 2003
  8. i believe quickbooks is a $600 software. so you would have to be a moron to buy it if you can get it for free. right ?

if i had a copy of quickbooks and you needed it , and i told you i'd give you the cd so you can install it on your computer ... you wouldnt ??
    thats how i view these sites like kazaa. SHARING !!!!

#18     May 7, 2003
  9. skrilla, tko, freshtrader, quiktrader -- all the same person.

#19     May 7, 2003
  10. sorry bud, but i never ever had another et name !
    so go play with mommy dickhead !

#20     May 8, 2003