MurreyMath

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by traderbambu, May 18, 2002.

1. lundy,

What kind of name is that anyway?

Although there might be some truth to your thought, where the hell do you get off suggesting that people suppress their inalienable right to free speech on a public forum? If you don't like what someone has to say than just use the ignore button.

Mike

#41     May 18, 2002
  2. nitro

nitro

[Sirens going off]

Though police....

nitro

BTW Mike, I think I know where lundy is coming from - I believe that he feels that the few that really have something to say may be driven away by the (fill in the blank) posters.

#42     May 18, 2002
  3. Dr. Alexander Elder in "Trading for a Living," page 23, states that he had interviewed W.D. Gann's son and was told by said son that his famous father did not support his family by trading but rather by writing and selling instructional courses. Dr Elder also states that Gann's estate, on his death in 1950, was valued at slightly over $100,000. :eek:

#43     May 18, 2002
  4. sharper

sharper

Gann and his son had a falling out. In the first edition of "How To Make Money In Commodities", his sons name was included. In the second edition his sons name was deleted. His son use to work for W.D., but later went to work for a brokerage firm in NYC. Some say it's because of W.D.'s use of astrology that John Gann didn't like.

There has been speculation over the amount of money. There has been a $50 million figure that he earned. That may have been in today's money. He did live a good life though. I don't agree with everything that Dr. Elder says. John Gann's son made a few incorrect remarks about W.D.'s life when he wrote an article for Traders World magazine also, but they were relatively minor ones though.

This may help you out - http://www.lambertganneducators.com/faq.php

The best person to ask would be Nikki Jones also. She has a lot of information about Gann's life.

#44     May 18, 2002
  5. There is more info about Gann that supports your statement of 100K+ range for an estate and a few other things that I didn't know about in the following thread:

http://www.purebytes.com/archives/realtraders/1997/msg05492.html

#45     May 18, 2002
  6. OEXTRADER

OEXTRADER

It would seem to me that if someone has a trading approach that is working for him, it would be more beneficial to hear what he has to say than to immediately reject it without giving it a fair hearing.

#46     May 18, 2002
  7. Ok, I'll grant that he and his son had falling out.

The Columbia Journalism Review's inflation calculator
    (http://www.cjr.org/resources/inflater.asp)
    says that $150,000 dollars in 1950 is equal to about $1,119,402.99 dollars in 2002. So I'll also grant that he died a millionaire in 2002 dollars.

:)

#47     May 18, 2002
  8. trdrmac

trdrmac

How about this. Instead of pimping this guys site like some cheap crack ho, put up your trades PRIOR to your taking them.
    Just that simple, if you can make people money great some will follow. If not, and I suspect not then we will see mertile math for what it is. CRAP

And don't tell me that you can't cause of some blah blah reason.

In december I posted a trade idea on UTH which could have been played twice. Posted a trade idea on GP which would have been good for 20%. Went on record in February 8 that I was expecting a rally, which we got. Went on record with specific picks of emerging market funds I was buying, money makers. Recently went on record that I was selling puts on QQQ.

So does all that mean I am a super trader? No but it does mean that someone could look at the date of the post and do the math in real time.

If you want my money for michelle math then post your trades.

Not asking anything too thought am I?

#48     May 18, 2002

9. When I first started trading I used to use the "Force" until someone convinced me that the "Force" wasn't real & I took this idea from some movie called Star Wars. My trading totally went down hill ever since.

I would love to believe in something new & "real" this time to help my trading.

So I second the posts by Splat & trdrmac.

#49     May 19, 2002
  10. <How about this. Instead of pimping this guys site like some cheap crack ho, put up your trades PRIOR to your taking them.
    Just that simple, if you can make people money great some will follow. >

I agree totally! My advice to the newbies (from a newbie) is that whenever you read someone writing some bullshit about how posting their trades would be a sin, violate national security, or cause riots, etc., -- do yourself a favor and skip to the next post, thread, etc.

#50     May 19, 2002