MurreyMath

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by traderbambu, May 18, 2002.

1. PKJR

PKJR

For those of you still looking for a 'holly grail' - here are some words from Larry Pesavento that imo say it all:

"it became apparent to me that it has taken me many, many years to get to know myself. I spent so much of time entwined in the search for the Holy Grail and the whole process of the paralysis of analysis. I mistakenly thought the true way to trading success was through a trading system. The true system is between your ears and not on some secret piece of parchment."

Let me just add that it's all about probabilities and how you manage your trades. No matter what you use!! Most of you know all there is to know to make money!!!

#11     May 18, 2002
  2. You guys aren't serious, are you?

#12     May 18, 2002
  3. Cesko

Cesko

"Let me just add that it's all about probabilities and how you manage your trades. No matter what you use!! Most of you know all there is to know to make money!!!"
    Precious statement , which will get ignored unfortunately (or fortunately?)

#13     May 18, 2002
  4. Traderbambu, I would just like to say thank you.

I've been trying to kick the elitetrader habit for a while now. Arguing back and forth in my mind over whether or not the fun of interaction with a small number of real traders is worth the sea of time wasting garbage that comes along with visiting this site.

Your shameless promotion of a useless piece of hypester crap- and the disgusting drooling on the part of the grailseeker suckups that comes with it- has cemented my resolve to turn in my spurs, hang up my hat, and no longer waste time trying to talk sense to rubes.

Call me cynical, call me mean, call me a realist who understands how markets actually work (I am all three of those things).

The claims don't matter folks, this stuff cannot work in the real world. Unless they are a prophet with spiritual clairvoyance, anyone telling you they can predict the future or give you an 80% winning percentage is a LYING SACK OF SH*T TRYING TO TAKE YOUR MONEY. If you think I am wrong, you are stupid and you will lose your money, and no one with common sense will feel sorry for you.

End of story. And my last rant on elitetrader. That's all folks.

Darkhorse over and out- for good.

#14     May 18, 2002
  5. Jeffrey

Jeffrey

The contest idea would be great. (Who would sponsor it? SEC would be nice)

I can only imagine holding a trading contest amongst MM students, and student(s) would qualify to enter another challenge to other trading systems/strategies that profess their abilities. The results would then reveal that both the traders trading system, and their paradigm, are inline with either reality, or BS.

The doubters will not stop the negative opinions because they don't understand, nor do they accept, that it is their current paradigm, which is not following the path of least resistance with that of the market. There are many others who know a system by second nature, and cannot trade. For the same reason, they either quit, or become an educator.

Jeffrey

#15     May 18, 2002
  6. Just post your trades, in advance, for a month.

Thanks to God, I will not be trading on it until it shows me the money.

PS, The Preakness is coming up, does MM work on horse racing?

#16     May 18, 2002
  7. sharper

sharper

Murrey got his system from using some of Gann's works from "How to Make Money in Commodities".

For Darkhorse's information, W.D. Gann average about an 85% success rate. Read up on him, you will learn something

sharper

#17     May 18, 2002
  8. js1257

js1257

PKJR and Cesko ain't that the truth.

#18     May 18, 2002
  9. sharper

sharper

For the Preakness, you might want to check out Jack Gillen

#19     May 18, 2002
  10. I can't resist, before I go I have to add one last shot of common sense:

There is no free lunch. Even if there were, why the @#$#@ would anyone sell it?

"I can make millions of dollars with my trading software, but hey I'll put up a crap website and let you take a sneak peak at it for a hundred and twenty bucks."

"I run a successful hedge fund and am a super successful trader, but I love humanity so much that I want to teach a class of newbie nitwits and answer stupid questions for peanuts."

And Gann and Elliott were total frauds who died poor, by the way. Read "Winner Take All" by Gallacher (also, d'jever notice that 99% of all the Gann/Elliott sites you can find on the web are devoted to selling something? Hmmm...). Gann's ideas don't even have scientific validity because his "angles" were malleable depending on the dimensions of the chart. A Gann trader with a 17 inch monitor can get different results than a Gann trader with a 21 inch monitor. Make the chart a little taller or a little wider and the signal changes. What a crock.

But the desperation bothers me even more. "Oh, really, you have a winning method? You have a secret trick so I can get paid without having to work at it? You mean I can stay dumb and blind and not know what's going on but be paid lots of money just for buying some software and clicking my mouse once or twice? Oo! Oo! Thank you for sharing your millions and only charging me the cost of a family sized dinner at a restaurant! Gosh golly gee you're my pal!!!"

Okay, for real this time: bye.

It's been fun (sort of).

#20     May 18, 2002