Murray Ruggiero's New Trading Systems

Discussion in 'Events' started by Murray Ruggiero, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Are there any real time, real money results available.

The posted results reek of over-optimization and impossible fills.

#31     Jul 11, 2012
  2. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

I have real clients who have been trading these systems since summer 2010. One problem in this record is due to the MF Global issue, the results have a break in them. If anyone wants to contact me PM I will give them contact information to verify these systems are not curve fitted and have real results.

#32     Jul 12, 2012
  3. That's as lame a reply as are the features of TradersStudio, which barely functions for intra session trading and is incredibley feature lite for even end of day trading.

You could post real trading results for your systems instead of years of theoretical backtesting just as you could post a list of intra session features in TradersStudio that are not already available in most all other, better known, packages.

Better yet post a list of the features that are available in TradeStation, MultiCharts or even Ninja that are NOT available in TradersStudio - that would be a very long list indeed.

jack

#33     Jul 12, 2012
  4. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

Yes, lame excuse , supply real people trading with real results. I do have one client who will share his brokerage statement, of course with his personal information blacked out. He also will talk to serious inquirers on the phone.

End of day systems don't need intra-day data and features as long as your system design follows given rules like not allowing same day trades in both directions.

I have been developing system for 20 years , systems that work and know how my results map into real time performance and real time results have closely match my exceptions.

TradersStudio is not a real time platform so it will be light on intra-day features and automated trading.

In addition I am chief system designer for Tuttle Wealth Management where we manage 70 million dollars using my strategies and TradersStudio. See TradersStudio was designed to be used for my money management business with features important to that business which is based on all end of day trading.

It's also funny you have only six posts and now trying to trash me without any supporting arguments. This is easy to do when you can hide who you really are.

#34     Jul 12, 2012
  5. If you won't post any real results then maybe you might post at least some of the features that you believe give TradersStudio any more value than any of the other more credible and better known platforms.

Given that TradersStudio is not of value for intra-session trading and only for those that trade portfolios based on end of day data - how is that anywhere near state of the art?

Tuttle is a small unknown LLC which also is very vague about what it does and what an investment might return.

Your software ventures of 20 years ago are all now forgotten and I would put forth that after all these years and all of your braggadocio that if there was much value at all in your work, you wouldn't still be working for some no name, no size LLC and peddling what at least some professionals consider to be software lite here on ET.

I don't understand how in the world ET does not consider these posts as spam. You are not listed as a sponsor, you are not in the classifieds.

Buyers please be aware.

jack

#35     Jul 14, 2012
  6. Baron

Baron ET Founder

TradersStudio has been a sponsor of our site for many YEARS and it's been indicated as such at the bottom of every page on this site so you might want to check that list a little closer next time.

#36     Jul 16, 2012
  7. Baron

Baron ET Founder

It seems as if you know exactly what the program is primarily used for, but you're criticizing it for not be able to do something completely different.

It's like Michael Phelps standing up with all of his swimming medals saying that he's an accomplished swimmer, but then you say "Yeah, but you can't even place in the 100-yard dash or other track and field events, so you aren't a real athlete." I mean, the entire premise of your argument makes no sense whatsoever.

#37     Jul 16, 2012
  8. Au contraire. What I am saying is that it is hard to find out what the software does and that what I have found out so far is that it does nothing extraordinary.

Further that a bunch of theoretilcal, not real money backtesting does not really say much about real time, real money performance. Also there is the braggadocio about the 70m fund but no mention of even a rough idea of the results achieved through the use of this much touted software by that fund.

My bet is that if there was a record of either this small, unknown LLC or this software producing returns significantly above average this promoter would find a way to show it.

BTW, have the rules on ET changed so that anybody published or not can post free spam about their product?

I am not trying to bash this guy but am trying to get the vendor to demonstrate its value either by describing some unique feature(s) or by documenting some out of sequence results.

I have heard of Murrary Ruggiero for more than 20 years but I have never heard of Murrary Ruggiero's name associated with either out of sequence software or out of sequence trading performance.

Again, may I suggest caveat emptor.

jack

#38     Jul 16, 2012
  9. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Software vendors like Murray who have been in business for 20 years don't make it in this industry that long because they are providing bullshit products and services. I keep a log of all the companies I've worked with in this industry and the number of brokerage firms and software providers on that list that are no longer around is staggering. People like Murray have been around for decades because they provide value to customers and because their products work as claimed. I could understand your point of view if you were talking about some brand new vendor that nobody has ever heard of, but common.... a veteran in the industry that's been around for twenty years?

#39     Jul 16, 2012
  10. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

Wow, too bad you don't know what your talking about.

First CTA can not show Hypothetical track records once they have six months of real results. That why I will show it on a need to know basis from one of my clients. I think it more important to show how the system has done longer term and also since release.

Second, in this business,longevity is important because most people come and go in this business after a few years because their systems and research just does not hold up.

In terms of TradersStudio I will be showing some tutorial soon which show some of TradersStudio most powerful features. We are working on a multi-core version which will be release before year end.

In terms of Tuttle and my futures fund with Tuttle, I am a principle in the future fund, and designed the system for Tuttle other venture. I guess if you work for yourself , your work has no value because your working for a nothing firm.

I have written over 180 article, three books and have presented papers at IEEE peer review conferences. What kind of accomplishments do you have.

#40     Jul 17, 2012