Murray Ruggiero's new systems

Discussion in 'Events' started by Murray Ruggiero, Apr 16, 2013.

1. southall

southall

So when a system makes a loss it stops being tracked.
    Seems like a case of survivorship bias.

#31     Apr 26, 2013
  2. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

Not necessarily, this is the only broker who publishes results based on real trades. The bond system is being traded at two other brokers but they do not publish their results. I have the T-Bond system results from Jan 2012 which continues to date from another broker. It's part of the five system brokerage statements I talked about.

#32     Apr 26, 2013
  3. ehsmama

ehsmama

Your Gold Intraday system on Striker has only 13 trades that were profitable out of 42 total trades taken...Don't you think it is very poor hit ratio

#33     Apr 27, 2013
  4. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

Look at the longer backtest it wins 43% of it's trade over the past 5 years. Win/Loss ratio 2-1, so 25% wins is break even. This system's footprint is that of a trend following system.

#34     Apr 27, 2013
    #35     Apr 27, 2013
  6. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

1) With current volatility you should have 30K-35K to trade my system and understand you could get a 40%-50% drawdown at some point.
    2) This means if you want to limit drawdowns to 10%-15% then you need 100K.
    3) Many times real time the system performance will be somewhat less than backtested results. A normal rule Larry Williams use to use when I worked for him was cut the performance in half, so that 25K per year on a one lot.

4) Let's assume the system can trade up to an 300 lot in gold without creating slippage issues. If I can only trade a 10 lot, why waste the 290 lots, worth over 20K a month in leases. I don't have any where near that number of leases currently but, why would I waste that income if it has no effect on my trading. Since people stop trading on drawdowns, as my total contracts increase I simple either trade a slightly different version or stop allowing new leases until I get below a given number of contracts.

I keep publishing my results in my threads on a regular basis. Futures Truth tracks my systems. I have real time performance available on a request basis, real brokerage statements. Striker is tracking systems which are currently leased.

Let us just let time judge how well my systems perform.

If you notice JackDogII on his web site sells TradeStation tools and offer no backtested results on any of them. He has nothing publicly tracked. Your agreeing with a Paper Dragon.

#36     Apr 27, 2013
  7. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

I will post results though April 30th for my systems in a few days.

#37     May 1, 2013
  8. Keep up the good work, your product looks promising to me and I will try it out!

#38     May 1, 2013
  9. I read about two guys who turned 100k into over 200 million in less than 5 years. written-up in the book on subprime.

So, let's say this guy started 10 years ago with 25k. He should be rich. what if he started 20 years ago with 100k super rich. plus all the money from subscribers.

I paid off my house, cash, after only 2 good years trading. 300k house. I owed over 150k on it...

so this guy should be a liquid millionaire, easily.

trading is a game of wealth. I need to know this guy is super rich. not just 100k in the bank account; my gf has that. I mean like 10 million in assets, no debt......

if not, no worry, keep selling.....but i'll wait for the trader who is super loaded and wants to teach.

one metric in this game: money.

#39     May 1, 2013
  10. ofthomas

ofthomas

i dont think that guy will ever come across... sadly... :( ... more than likely he is out and about playing with all his toys and enjoying life...

on another note... Tuttle (TWM)... they are at regus... if you have $100M AUM... why in hell wouldnt you have your own space? heck, even I used to have an office there for my LLC's... not every costly... but I went ahead and switch it to fifth avenue instead... better "location"... :)

Regus - Stamford, One Stamford Plaza, 263 Tresser Boulevard, 9th Floor CT 06901

#40     May 1, 2013