Murray Ruggiero's Dynamic Open™ Resurrects One of The Most Powerful Trading Methods of All Time

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Murray Ruggiero, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Back-testing results are very impressive. Any results of walk-forward testing, or forward testing you can share with us, Murray?

#11     Nov 8, 2015
  2. tradewiz

tradewiz

how do i get the 249 promo price instead of the 349 on your websites?

#12     Dec 20, 2015
  3. slavduja

slavduja

Here are my problems with this type of promotion..

ORB--- how robust are the results on a large portfolio of uncorrelated global futures contracts? How sensitive are they to parameter changes? How realistic are results when accounting for slippage and commission?
    If the edge exists still why haven't much bigger funds arbed it away?

What is the anomaly that ORB traders are trying to exploit? I understand Marks Fishers point on % of time high or low of the day is set in first n-minute of trading compared to normal distribution. Its very skewed to beginning of the day. Does that still stand? Or did electronic markets change that? Did you find that famous U shape volume pattern has become more normally distributed?
    I find it 10x more interesting if you actually explained what the anomaly is, then some magic entry backtest you over-optimized.
    Did you test the orb to be a :
    a) % of n-day $volume(contract * price) or contract volume ?
    b) n-day look back peak volume time as new open?
    c) Williams GSV with time filter ? EI take trades only if the GSV is breached in 10min from open.
    d) Have you tried "TIME" exits like Mark Fisher uses?

NOBODY DOES detailed research.... Its terrible!
    As an example here is a paper on ORB tested on 2 markets... REALLY?? 2 markets!!!!
    http://www.christianlundstrom.com/2013/06/18/day-trading-profitability-across-volatility-states/

1> Almost everything in public domain sux. That's %99.99 of systems, tips, opinions etc.
    2> Why not take a few people under your wing and make them super wealthy with your systems, instead of selling them to thousands that wont follow them anyways ?
    3> I looked at Tuttle Tactical Asset Management Funds that you consult and develop strategies for with $160mil under management, and their numbers are rough. Aggressive fund returned -15% for 2015 and is down 8% so far this year. No good, granted numbers are only for 2 years. I think all their funds and ETF's are negative since inception. Perhaps a rough start ?

#13     Jun 2, 2016
    trilogic, southall and d08 like this.
  4. trilogic

trilogic

And crickets....

#14     Jul 14, 2016
  5. In fairness to Dr Ruggiero, he's promoting his software tools here, not his asset management firm.

#15     Jul 15, 2016
  6. southall

southall

If his best methods, which are used to manage real money, cant make a profit, then what are the chances for the cheap stuff he is prepared to sell for a few hundred bucks.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
    #16     Jul 15, 2016
  7. It's 'Tuttle Asset Management' not 'Ruggiero Asset Management.' I doubt he has any control over the portfolio.

#17     Jul 15, 2016
  8. southall

southall

Well he says he has designed their core trading systems.

"Design and Development the core trading technologies and main consultant on development of trading strategies used for tactical asset management. Tuttle Wealth management current has over 160 million dollars under management, trading strategies which I have consulted on their design and implementation."

#18     Jul 15, 2016

9. ...and that's why he is Vending o_O:confused:
    That old adage is true: Those who can do...Do -- Those who can't...Teach.

#19     Jul 15, 2016
    K-Pia likes this.
  10. TRUE!!! AND murray uses the buzz word HATE... to attack his detractors... not good.

#20     Jul 17, 2016