Murray Ruggiero New Nasdaq System, Fully Disclosed

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Murray Ruggiero, Oct 9, 2017.

1. cvds16

cvds16

Tell this 'wisdom' to the Japanese they are still waiting since 1989 to see breakeven on that trade rofl

#51     Oct 12, 2017
    d08 likes this.
  2. d08

d08

You don't seem to understand trading at all.
    The point isn't absolute return, the point is to get the maximum return with the lowest drawdown AND the lowest rate of exposure. Contrary to what you might think, exposure is a big risk. Getting 5% a year while being in the market 10 days a year is many times better than doing buy and hold (252 days) for the equivalent 5%.

Then you get to the arena of using multiple systems that have a low rate of return. If they are uncorrelated then they almost never have exposure at the same time and even better if they have a different directional bias and/or are in different regions.

#52     Oct 12, 2017
    Simples likes this.
  3. Overnight

Overnight

You don't seem to recognize sarcasm. You are not alone, a couple of others missed it as well. This was a poorly-written tie-in to the zero-risk S&P thread that's been going on for 10 years. Apologies for not making it a bit more clear.

#53     Oct 12, 2017
    d08 likes this.
  4. d08

d08

My bad then. Although I believe I've seen almost the exact thing written by others with no sarcasm at all. Cutting it too close to real, heh.

#54     Oct 13, 2017
    Overnight likes this.

5. How many 'systems' do you have in play at one time.

If you are running 50 systems, then a few making money is meaningless as no one knew which ones they would be.

#55     Oct 13, 2017
    themickey likes this.
  6. Millionaire

Millionaire

"Survivorship bias or survival bias is the logical error of concentrating on the things that made it past some selection process and overlooking those that did not, typically because of their lack of visibility."

Vendors use so many of these kinds of biases to fool gullible wannabe traders to part with money.

Not saying the OP is doing this, but many trading Vendors do.

#56     Oct 13, 2017
    Xela and themickey like this.
  7. Millionaire

Millionaire

With equity markets being so bullish i'm wondering how much demand there is for 'trading systems' these days.
    I mean its mainly new traders that fall for this kind of stuff.

#57     Oct 14, 2017
  8. expiated

expiated

On August 2, 2017 I discovered a broker who included 22 stocks among the assets they offered on their MetaTrader 4 demo platform, of which I picked five (on my blog) just for fun. I went back today to see how they were doing and all of them would have made money, which leads me to conclude that it would be pretty hard NOT to be profitable in this current market.

From August 2, 2017…

“I’m eyeing TWTR for a buy if and when it decides to turn around and head north from 16.15. I’d want to take profit somewhere above 18.53.” (It’s now at $18.63)

“Though a better buy at 919.90, I kind of like GOOG at 930.21 with a take profit target of 954.30.” (It’s now at $989.68)

“At 996.11, AMZN seems like an okay buy with a take profit target of 1059.10.” (It’s now at $1002.94)

MCD would be a better buy at 152.23, but it nonetheless has room to rise from 153.97, with a take profit target of 157.65.” (It’s now at $165.37)

“At 154.73, BABA is in a steady climb and might be nice to buy and hold for a little while.” (It’s now at $178.45)

#58     Oct 15, 2017
  9. algofy

algofy

Whoa, awesome mustache.

#59     Oct 15, 2017
  10. Pekelo

Pekelo

I deleted an earlier post because I wrongly assumed the price was a monthly fee.

I thought the $500 was a monthly fee. If not, my bad.

------------------------

What is interesting that Murray offers at least 2 systems, and I wonder how would one choose between them? The ES system has been making real money for his customers for a year, the new NQ system is only back tested.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
    #60     Oct 17, 2017