Murray Ruggiero New Nasdaq System, Fully Disclosed

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Murray Ruggiero, Oct 9, 2017.

1. truetype

truetype

You can't realistically trade a 9k drawdown strategy with capital of 15k. A good rule of thumb is: your future drawdown will be 2x what you've seen in backtest -- and 18k would tap you out. Even 9k, equivalent to backtest, would cripple you -- you'd have 6k left.

Murray's system may well be very meritorious, but he doesn't help himself by recommending 15k capital. For a retail trader, 100k+ would be sensible; for an institutional manager (typically more risk averse), 200k+.

#21     Oct 10, 2017
  2. southall

southall

The first post is a Spam email he sends to his followers, he couldnt even be bothered to remove the Unsublinks from the top when he cut and pasted it to this thread.

#22     Oct 10, 2017
    d08 and Xela like this.
  3. truetype

truetype

He's a paying Vendor -- he and his peers keep ET on the air! He can post whatever he likes.

#23     Oct 10, 2017
  4. Xela

Xela

He certainly can ... and presumably other members (without whom the forum wouldn't exist at all) may also make whatever reasonable comments we like? ;)

#24     Oct 10, 2017
    d08, comagnum and speedo like this.
  5. themickey

themickey

"You too can pay $499 for my UBeaut SPECTACULAR trading system.
    *Lag the market!!!
    Over 12 years and with only 147 trades expect a return of 152%. No tweaking allowed.
    You must sign a non disclose agreement not to tell the world that if you placed only 'One' trade on 3rd Jan 2005, your returns would be 147%"
    https://www.barchart.com/stocks/quo...c&sym=$NASX&grid=1&height=500&studyheight=100

*After commissions, expenses, running costs, labour.

#25     Oct 10, 2017
    Pekelo and comagnum like this.
  6. Overnight

Overnight

I call Bs on that. You may be a paying vendor to ET, but you cannot leave unending failure hopes in your footstep wake. This is a posted result over 12 years. That is a long darn time. One good trade in the NQ with a contract or two, and I have already paid the $500 fee.

The results he has posted are absolute bollocks. It is pure sim. You cannot make those gains while holding overnight positions on a $15K account. You're margined so fast and hard your head will flick off.

#26     Oct 10, 2017
  7. truetype

truetype

No question $15k is way too low. That's been discussed at length. The real question is whether Murray's strategy has α.

#27     Oct 10, 2017
  8. Overnight

Overnight

Look at you and your fancy Ƣ

hehe!

#28     Oct 10, 2017
  9. themickey

themickey

Yup, just buy an ETF

#29     Oct 10, 2017
  10. Overnight

Overnight

*sighs*

"Trade NQ (E-mini Nasdaq) With as Little as a $15k Account "

"For a limited time only, Murray is offering this low upgrade price to existing customers with our ES Intermarket System! Because of the value of this proprietary research, you will need to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement to recieve the code."

No mention of ETF there, just futures. And...Is it NQ or ES?

Sincerely, confused to the point that I don't really care.

All I know is the danger of trading futures. I have a journal over there in the journals forum. That is what REAL risk looks like. It is not silly SIM bollocks, it is real. Go read through it. There is no magic pill, but it IS the red pill man. :)

*huggles*

#30     Oct 10, 2017