Murray Ruggiero New Nasdaq System, Fully Disclosed

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Murray Ruggiero, Oct 9, 2017.

1. An "Annual Rate of Return 7.84%"...that's nothing to brag or tout or sell about,

Your 'system' can basically...more or less...be accomplished by just investing in the SPY, S&P 500 ETF. Buy n Hold it

#11     Oct 9, 2017
  2. truetype

truetype

Sure, if you knew beforehand S&P was going to go up.

#12     Oct 9, 2017
  3. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

15K is tight with a DD of 9K and margin of 4K ,but you could trade with 15K , theoretically. I would recommend 20K-25K.

#13     Oct 10, 2017
  4. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

I forgot to change default account size from 100K in TradeStation. Obviously we are not trading a system with a 9K DD with 100K per contract.

#14     Oct 10, 2017
  5. sle

sle

I feel I should ask all the same questions I ask about all systems (e.g. number of free varaibles etc), but I will ask the main one - is there a solid hypothesis behind this strategy or is it a "price action model"?

#15     Oct 10, 2017
  6. southall

southall

The DD was 9K in your back test.
    Given your back test sample size is so small (140 trades) i would not rely on it to to estimate max drawdown level.
    Anyone trading such a system with only 20K has a very high risk of ruin as the real word DD could easily be double what is in your backtest.

"Risk of ruin is a concept in gambling, insurance, and finance relating to the likelihood of losing all one's investment capital or extinguishing one's bankroll below the minimum for further play."

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
    #16     Oct 10, 2017
  7. themickey

themickey

So for a trading investment of $100k, the system returned $52k over a period of 11 years, 9 months & 21 days?
    (Your breakdown of the system from 2005 to 2017 indicates 12 years.)
    The system is untradeable. Reason, for a trading capital of $100k, you do one trade per month which nets $1k. $250 PER WEEK!
    Mate, I would die of boredom, and you are charging $499.00 for this plan? Pffffffp :(
    Imagine waiting 1 month between trades to make 1% on capital.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
    #17     Oct 10, 2017
  8. southall

southall

The plan would be to trade 10 lots and make $10k a month.
    Or 100 lots and make $100k a month, 1.2mllion per year etc

Why doesn't the system seller do this? Instead he wastes time trying to sell this system to gullible newbies for a few hundred bucks. Answer is obviously the system is not very good and has low chance of being profitable in future, more likely it will lose money for anyone who attempts to trade with it, but selling systems is guaranteed to always make money for the system seller.

#18     Oct 10, 2017
  9. Macca1

Macca1

Only 140 trades!? Where is in sample Vs out of sample?

#19     Oct 10, 2017
  10. Xela

Xela

I can't help wondering, Murray, whether you quite appreciate how much that observation dents your credibility, when you've started off a promotional thread with a post that reads exactly like a sales page (because it is basically a sales page), and contains in the headline the words "With as Little as a $15k Account"?! No rudeness intended, but it kind of makes me think "this guy's already effectively withdrawn his 'headline claim' at the first suggestion that it was questionable, so how reliable is the rest likely to be?!" If you'd recommend $20k-$25k, then for God's sake why not say so openly, rather than so expressly and prominently specifying $15k in your headline, only to retract it so quickly?! [​IMG]

#20     Oct 10, 2017
    Pekelo likes this.