Murray new S&P500 and T-Bond Systems

Discussion in 'Events' started by Murray Ruggiero, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Murray,

Are both daytrading systems ?
    What's the average hold time of a trade ?

#11     Nov 4, 2008
  2. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

They are position trading systems average hold time is 8-10 days.

#12     Nov 4, 2008

3. Then what is the relevance of the "intraday DD" mentioned ?

What is the biggest DD regardless of time frame for both ?

#13     Nov 4, 2008
  4. The survivor systems (energy, russell, dax) all have long successful track records (the energy one goes back 2 1/2 years successfully). They're awfully expensive though, and I have some questions about the developer's integrity. In August he stopped trading late in the month when the profit dropped to just above zero to make sure he'd get paid for the month -- since you only pay if it's a profitable month he shut off the system to insure that. Since his system relies on a few big winners for most of his profits, shutting it off for his benefit could really hurt his subscribers.....

There are a few others that look promising, although most look like crap (either they will blow up or they are not really tradeable).

SSB

#14     Nov 4, 2008
  5. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

max drawdown since 1983 for the S&P500 system is 58K big contract ,so less than 12K for mini.
    T-Bond drawdown from 1987 is about 11K.
    This is max intra-day drawdown. This includes drawdown from current equity high watermark, for example on short trade we had 75K in open profits, when that dropped to 50K in profits, that a 25K drawdown, even though the trade is still up 50K.

#15     Nov 4, 2008
  6. You are sort of leaving out Sept-Oct 2008 in your backtest, which is kind of critical, isn't it?

And since backtesting is irrelevant, where is the walkforward test and when did it start?

#16     Nov 4, 2008
  7. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

I am posting results to date very soon. I finish these systems back in August, but the core of them is based on logic I have used since the mid 1990's and still works today.

I will post results as we go forward. Just like I have done for Trend Harmony.

#17     Nov 4, 2008
  8. Does anybody trade s your systems with real money and are their results published somewhere?
    Thanks,

#18     Nov 6, 2008
  9. Do these systems use stops? If it hits a logic error will it keep making the same mistake and blow out your account?

Do the results include fees and slipage?

Do the systems enter in on limit or market orders?

Does the backtest take into account that limit orders can easily be filled on a demo account, but will not actually get filled on real money account?

What is the min account size does someone need to trade the system using mini contracts?

Do you trade any of your systems with real money?

How do you prevent say your broker or another ai program from seeing your orders and/or trying to run your stops?

#19     Nov 6, 2008
  10. How much money is required to trade these systems?

#20     Nov 9, 2008