Murder Case Uncovers Terror Plot By 'Militia' Within U.S. Military

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Aug 27, 2012.

1. georgia. dont we have some right wing gun nutters from georgia on et? i wonder?

LUDOWICI, Ga. -- Prosecutors say a murder case against four soldiers in Georgia has revealed they formed an anarchist militia within the U.S. military with plans to overthrow the federal government.

One of the accused troops, Pfc. Michael Burnett, pleaded guilty Monday to manslaughter and gang charges in the December slayings of former soldier Michael Roark and his girlfriend, 17-year-old Tiffany York.

Burnett told a Long County judge that Roark, who had just left the Army, knew of the militia group's plans and was killed because he was "a loose end."

Prosecutor Isabel Pauley says the group bought $87,000 worth of guns and bomb-making materials and plotted to take over Fort Stewart, bomb targets in nearby Savannah and Washington state, as well as assassinate the president.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/27/military-terror-plot-murd_n_1833435.html

2. Crispy

Crispy

3. wildchild

wildchild

Whats next? Is it going to come out the President launched his political career at the home of a guy who tried to blow up the Pentagon? These terrorists are everywhere.

4. In the US there are 1,456,862 active military, 1,458,500 reservists, a total of over 2.9 million military personnel... and 4 anarchists.

Is this really a problem? Or is it merely another of example of there being few bad apples every bunch?

5. Crispy

Crispy

Back when I was in the USMC my unit consisted of less than 100 guys and we had a closet nazi skinhead and couple black dudes that hated white dudes( I know this cause I got into it with them once).

It surprises me that more shit like doesnt happen within the military. Its rife with people that come from dirt poor backgrounds, shitty education, broken homes and have alcohol and drug abuse issues.

6. there was only one tim mcveigh. so these guys could possibly do 4 times the damage he did?

7. People are at breaking point. If the situation does not change through the process of procedural democracy then history is replete with examples of change through violence.

Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed.

But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

8. There are always bad apples. A small percentage of every group is rotten. It doesn't matter whether you're talking about teachers, doctors, carpenters, etc...

This story is really just an example of statistical laws of large numbers. When you have a group of 2.9 million people you know with certainty that a few will be rotten to the core. The overhwelming majority are not. The stats have proven this time and again in every profession and every type of group you can imagine.

9. There are radical elements (bad apples) in every segment of society. Why would the military be any different? Statistical studies show us that we can expect outliers (extremists) in every large group.

10. Crispy

Crispy

I would respectfully disagree that teachers, doctors and carpenters are in the same camp as military members being as inclined to commit violent acts.

But I agree in general about the law of averages.

#10     Aug 27, 2012